How to Hard Reset the Galaxy Tab 3

• Replies:74
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 15, 2017 9:45:49 PM via Website

When i hold down to get reset screen i scroll down to wipe data factory reset it wont let me select and screen just closes.

Apr 10, 2017 9:11:39 PM via Website

Hey. I've tried doing that. It reaches the page you mentioned but immediately i take my fingers off the buttons it goes off. Pls help

• Forum posts: 2

May 6, 2017 2:22:39 PM via Website

Mine is also atuck on that page and i have all the hard reset and nothing ..i know this method work as iv e doneit on others but this one wont budge from Samsung acreen and flickers of and on so i dont know if it charging or not
Q

• Forum posts: 13

May 15, 2017 4:35:37 PM via Website

I think you find out how to open recovery mode...
Through recovery mode resetting android device is easy(thinking)

Jun 11, 2017 4:35:11 AM via Website

The hardware button combination for the Galaxy S3 is to hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the device vibrates or you see the Galaxy screen. Then, release the Power button while continuing to hold the other two. You'll now be brought to the Android recovery screen (you can let go of the buttons now).

Jun 18, 2017 11:43:10 PM via Website

I reset my tab 3 cause my son took it without my permission and use his live.com account on it So I needed to erase all data. But when I did all that, and I'm setting up my Gmail and then my password(and new passwords over and over)on my Tab 3, and I press next, it goes back to putting my email and then password over and over again. It says too that it's no WiFi cause it's been unauthorized factory rest. What to do?

Jun 19, 2017 8:36:27 AM via Website

My sons galaxy tab 3 was having trouble charging i think and i left it on all night to charge and appears completly dead, no lit up battery saying charging either. The method of reset you have explained wont work at all im guessing because either there is no power or something is wrong with the screen. Is there another way?

Jul 14, 2017 10:28:11 AM via Website

Will this hard reboot also clear out any email accounts in the device?

Jul 24, 2017 2:35:50 PM via Website

THANK You! This finally worked for my brown/gold little Tab 3.

Jul 26, 2017 5:28:23 PM via Website

Finally the answer. Thank you this helped wipe but my issue wasn't resolved. The issue being touch screen stopped working. I can't maneuver through this due to that. Now what?

Jul 27, 2017 3:39:05 PM via Website

Thank you Jaison! I had been trying to reset my son's tablet for days until I read your post about releasing the power button alone once the logo appears. Got straight in and restored to factory default - spot on!

Aug 5, 2017 5:23:09 AM via Website

This did not work tried few times my son just bought one and we can't get innit or nothing so trying to find ways for it to load and turn on and this came up any other ideas

• Forum posts: 15

Aug 5, 2017 5:31:08 AM via Website

Yeah, it saved me too, thanks for the update, mate.

Aug 18, 2017 3:14:30 AM via Website

after all the suggestions, that one did the trick. thanks