• Stickied
Joshua Nicholas
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 21, 2016, 4:56:46 PM via Website

mate you are a star for posting this helped me alot

Catherine Dawson

Jan 16, 2017, 9:42:44 PM via Website

Hi I did the reset as above and my galaxy tab finally managed to turn itself off but reboot I don't think has worked as im still at the Samsung display page and I cant actually get it working

Gaye Alexander

Feb 2, 2017, 10:28:47 PM via Website

I have done exactly what you have recommended several times, but, I am still unable to get past the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 screen. What else can I do please?

Paul Smith

Feb 7, 2017, 9:55:20 PM via Website

I have tried this loads of times on my sons Tab3 but when it reboots it won't go past the Samsung screen

Charles Meyer

Mar 2, 2017, 7:00:24 AM via Website

@traci v
This is what works.

Here's what I found:

Step one: Power off device

Step two: Press the up button (next press the home button) finally press the power button so now all 3 are pressed together...once I saw the samsung logo pop up (after unsuccessful tries) I let go of all buttons and low and behold...the screen to select data reset appeared. From then I used the volume up and down to navigate between items....then selected the factory data reset option, clicking on the power button to select it, next I used arrows to go down to YES to get rid of all data and again click power button to select...and then voila!!!! It was magic.

I think they're wrong in saying you need to HOLD the 3 buttons UNTIL the green android appears..this only power cycled mine each time...when I held these 3 buttons together and then LET GO once the SAMSUNG logo appeared, the android guy finally came up.

Hopefully this helps someone else going nuts with this thing!!! Best of luck and blessings!

Wesley W.
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 2, 2017, 7:14:30 AM via Website

Thanks. Learnt a lot.

Christine Liliensiek
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 8, 2017, 2:06:47 AM via Website

Please help. Samsung tab3 kids edition. Screen lock on it has been forgotten. Factory reset is not coming up no matter how many times I try to follow how to steps.

Christine Liliensiek

Mar 8, 2017, 2:19:20 AM via Website

won't let the android appear to even have options

Christine Liliensiek

Mar 8, 2017, 2:25:43 AM via Website

gives me android guy
Never

Maria Richards

Mar 12, 2017, 3:22:17 PM via Website

Hi please help I tried to reset my samsung tab 3 followed the instructions but it now said error and won't come back on please could you help me

Les Boundy

Mar 15, 2017, 9:45:49 PM via Website

When i hold down to get reset screen i scroll down to wipe data factory reset it wont let me select and screen just closes.

Abidakun Olushola

Apr 10, 2017, 9:11:39 PM via Website

Hey. I've tried doing that. It reaches the page you mentioned but immediately i take my fingers off the buttons it goes off. Pls help

Raelene Brown
  • Forum posts: 2

May 6, 2017, 2:22:39 PM via Website

Mine is also atuck on that page and i have all the hard reset and nothing ..i know this method work as iv e doneit on others but this one wont budge from Samsung acreen and flickers of and on so i dont know if it charging or not
Q

Raelene Brown

May 6, 2017, 2:23:55 PM via Website

Im haveing same problem

Juned Memon
  • Forum posts: 14

May 15, 2017, 4:35:37 PM via Website

I think you find out how to open recovery mode...
Through recovery mode resetting android device is easy(thinking)

Katie Jochumsen

Jun 11, 2017, 4:35:11 AM via Website

The hardware button combination for the Galaxy S3 is to hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the device vibrates or you see the Galaxy screen. Then, release the Power button while continuing to hold the other two. You'll now be brought to the Android recovery screen (you can let go of the buttons now).

Carmelo Diaz

Jun 18, 2017, 11:43:10 PM via Website

I reset my tab 3 cause my son took it without my permission and use his live.com account on it So I needed to erase all data. But when I did all that, and I'm setting up my Gmail and then my password(and new passwords over and over)on my Tab 3, and I press next, it goes back to putting my email and then password over and over again. It says too that it's no WiFi cause it's been unauthorized factory rest. What to do?

Deborah

Jun 19, 2017, 8:36:27 AM via Website

My sons galaxy tab 3 was having trouble charging i think and i left it on all night to charge and appears completly dead, no lit up battery saying charging either. The method of reset you have explained wont work at all im guessing because either there is no power or something is wrong with the screen. Is there another way?

Lani Leonard

Jul 14, 2017, 10:28:11 AM via Website

Will this hard reboot also clear out any email accounts in the device?

Amanda Sass

Jul 24, 2017, 2:35:50 PM via Website

THANK You! This finally worked for my brown/gold little Tab 3.

Pamela Dunn

Jul 26, 2017, 5:28:23 PM via Website

Finally the answer. Thank you this helped wipe but my issue wasn't resolved. The issue being touch screen stopped working. I can't maneuver through this due to that. Now what?

Helen Jarvis

Jul 27, 2017, 3:39:05 PM via Website

Thank you Jaison! I had been trying to reset my son's tablet for days until I read your post about releasing the power button alone once the logo appears. Got straight in and restored to factory default - spot on!

Dwayne Macnutt

Aug 5, 2017, 5:23:09 AM via Website

This did not work tried few times my son just bought one and we can't get innit or nothing so trying to find ways for it to load and turn on and this came up any other ideas

Vera H.
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 5, 2017, 5:31:08 AM via Website

Yeah, it saved me too, thanks for the update, mate.

Scott D.

Aug 18, 2017, 3:14:30 AM via Website

after all the suggestions, that one did the trick. thanks

Youngster. Flores

Oct 10, 2017, 2:11:50 AM via Website

I have been trying to factory rexet my tablet for about 3 hours now and jist cant seen to reset it i need help. Other ideas?

Cathy Vosshage

Nov 18, 2017, 12:23:25 AM via Website

I have this problem, could you tell me how to click on yes ?

Paul

Jan 17, 2018, 9:21:50 AM via Website

I have tryed this and it just sits on samsung logo after reboot please help
Thank you

Daisy Martinez-Orbe

Feb 10, 2018, 11:42:20 PM via Website

Hello, I reseted my Samsung Galaxy 3 and Im still not able to use touch screen. Help?

Jeff bowers

Feb 12, 2018, 9:47:50 PM via Website

I’ve been using fingerprint to log in. Quit working and it’s been a while since I used the pattern so that is out. Trying to do a hard reset with version 4.4. You cannot turn off the tablet because after you touch the shutdown icon you have to enter the pattern to shut down. Without being able to turn off the tablet how do you do a hard reset?

Jeff bowers

Feb 12, 2018, 10:53:12 PM via Website

Solved the problem by wiping the data using FINDMYMOBILE.SAMSUNG.COM

Deactivated Account

Apr 15, 2018, 11:11:40 PM via Website

I found this for anyone who is still interested in this. I found that NOT pressing the home key worked as stated in these instructions:

With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up key.

While holding the Volume Up key, press and hold the Power key.

Release both keys when the Recovery Booting message is displayed in the top left corner and the Galaxy Tab 3 logo appears.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.

With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data, and then press the Power key.

Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.

The master reset is now complete. The device will restart.

Alejandro Scotti

May 11, 2018, 5:44:51 PM via Website

My girlfriend figured this out. You’re supposed to let go of the POWER button while still holding the VOLUMEN UP & HOME buttons for the menu to appear.

Ranveer
  • Forum posts: 6

May 11, 2018, 11:43:47 PM via Website

Thank you very much it worked for me

Alecs84

May 22, 2018, 12:27:28 PM via Website

My case was the same. The only way is to drain the batery and then perform the steps while it is shut down. No i am waiting for it to load some setting and is taking ages. I don’t know if it is because of the internet or because of the hard reset. Maybe someone can answer to this also.

Simon Elder

Jun 15, 2018, 2:44:23 AM via Website

Thanks, releasing just the power button but keeping the other two pressed worked when nothing else did. :)

jack martin
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 15, 2018, 10:49:09 AM via Website

tune your galaxy tab3
now press and hold the volume up ,power and home buttons together until see an android lying on its back.

Wendy Babiarz

Jun 20, 2018, 1:06:37 AM via Website

Thank you! I've tried to reboot before by pressing power and home buttons at the same time (the old method) - and just end out taking pictures of my screen or calling up the google assistant. Never thought to hit volume up too. Appreciate it!

DONNA CAMERON

Jun 27, 2018, 2:19:32 PM via Website

Nothing you say works. Can't even turn thing off. Goes between battery screen and galaxy screen. W

Casey Wilbanks

Jun 30, 2018, 11:24:26 PM via Website

I've tried the hard reset and all it does is flash the rebooting recovery words at the top, then goes to a blue installing update screen then shuts off, and if plugged into the charger it will repeat this loop continuously.

Susan Franks

Aug 19, 2018, 4:22:47 PM via Website

I did this and it took me the green android. I then moved the highlight down to factory reset. It said that it was complete but wouldn’t do anything else. Now I’m back where I started with a screen frozen at the tab 3 start up page. It won’t move on.

Spayne883

Sep 11, 2018, 3:46:28 AM via Website

I have tab 3 wouldn’t turn on.. I ordered a new battery, replaced it still nothing. I ordered a new main board.. replaced it still nothing.. tried two known good power adapters and usb cables.. still nothing.. and can’t do a hard reset.im lost

Billie Morgan

Oct 13, 2018, 2:21:10 AM via Website

ive done exactly what you said to do, hold all 3 buttons i got the android led on his back but the volume button skips lines,, goes from line 1 to line 3 wont go to line 2,, and when i manage to get it right, wipe data,, then clear cache,, go to reboot and all i get is the galaxy logo and then the samsung logo just flashing like it does,, and just sits there,, been like that for 2 days now,, please help,, i even downloaded a new os so i can flash it but cant even get that far

Lonnie James

May 22, 2019, 1:32:03 AM via Website

Hi - I've been trying to get my old Tab 3 7.0 going since it stopped working a couple of months ago. I've done this a couple of times - the problem is that after going through the reset menu and then rebooting the device, it just stays on the Samsung splash screen. I've waited for a couple of hours with it plugged in to power, but nothing yet. Any ideas, other than trashing it?

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

May 24, 2019, 9:26:04 AM via Website

Turn off the Galaxy Tab 3 system to ensure that the phone is fully charged.

At the same time, press and hold the volume up button and the power button to wait for the boot screen to display, then release the power button.

In the recovery mode, there are two options starting with wipe, both of which are executed, and then restart the system.

If the Galaxy Tab 3 is reset, all data will lose. Therefore, before resetting, it is necessary to back up Galaxy Tab 3 data to computer or cloud.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Dec 3, 2019, 4:03:33 AM via Website

Yes, force reset can solve many problems on Samsung tablet: fix system problem, clear Samsung tablet to make tablet more faster, remove screen lock on the tablet without passcode....but what we should know before force reset Samsung tablet is the FRP lock after the force reset if Find My Device on tablet was enabled, force reset will make the tablet locked by Google account-FRP. Google account and password can bypass Google verification, or for some Samsung device, we can try Eelphone Google Account Removal to bypass FRP lock on the phone.

But if we use the tool to reset Samsung tablet in the first, we can bypass the FRP directly.

— modified on Dec 3, 2019, 4:05:11 AM

Chadom

Dec 7, 2019, 7:46:58 PM via Website

I am trying to do a factory data reset because my tablet wifi or bluetooth will not turn on.
I did the steps to reset tablet, but when setting up the tablet the wifi still will not turn on and it is asking for wifi to connect to verify my identity.
I have no clue why the wifi will not turn on unless the wireless is fried?
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

hyunsung

Jan 21, 2020, 1:17:48 AM via Website

Hi

I have not used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 in a while (as in a few years) so naturally, its battery is long dead. This morning, I plugged it in and left it charging for pretty much the entire day. I came home around 6, and I checked to see if it was working. I tried turning it out by pressing the power button/holding it down, but nothing happened. It pretty much did not turn on at all and was unresponsive. I looked online to see if there was a way to make it turn on, so I searched up how to reboot Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.

I tried to give the Volume up, power and home button method a try, but after the longest 30 seconds of my life, nothing happened. I tried holding only the power button but to no avail. I would appreciate greatly for your assistance.