• Replies:89
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 12, 2018 10:53:12 PM via Website

Solved the problem by wiping the data using FINDMYMOBILE.SAMSUNG.COM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 15, 2018 11:11:40 PM via Website

I found this for anyone who is still interested in this. I found that NOT pressing the home key worked as stated in these instructions:

With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up key.

While holding the Volume Up key, press and hold the Power key.

Release both keys when the Recovery Booting message is displayed in the top left corner and the Galaxy Tab 3 logo appears.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.

With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.

Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data, and then press the Power key.

Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.

The master reset is now complete. The device will restart.

May 11, 2018 5:44:51 PM via Website

My girlfriend figured this out. You’re supposed to let go of the POWER button while still holding the VOLUMEN UP & HOME buttons for the menu to appear.

• Forum posts: 6

May 11, 2018 11:43:47 PM via Website

Thank you very much it worked for me

May 22, 2018 12:27:28 PM via Website

My case was the same. The only way is to drain the batery and then perform the steps while it is shut down. No i am waiting for it to load some setting and is taking ages. I don’t know if it is because of the internet or because of the hard reset. Maybe someone can answer to this also.

Jun 15, 2018 2:44:23 AM via Website

Thanks, releasing just the power button but keeping the other two pressed worked when nothing else did. :)

• Forum posts: 5

Jun 15, 2018 10:49:09 AM via Website

tune your galaxy tab3
now press and hold the volume up ,power and home buttons together until see an android lying on its back.

Jun 20, 2018 1:06:37 AM via Website

Thank you! I've tried to reboot before by pressing power and home buttons at the same time (the old method) - and just end out taking pictures of my screen or calling up the google assistant. Never thought to hit volume up too. Appreciate it!

Jun 27, 2018 2:19:32 PM via Website

Nothing you say works. Can't even turn thing off. Goes between battery screen and galaxy screen. W

Jun 30, 2018 11:24:26 PM via Website

I've tried the hard reset and all it does is flash the rebooting recovery words at the top, then goes to a blue installing update screen then shuts off, and if plugged into the charger it will repeat this loop continuously.

Recommended articles