Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Install Android 4.2.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:5
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 7, 2014, 5:30:09 PM via Website

Hi everyone!

Firmware with Android 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 has recently arrived. If you can't wait for it to come to your phablet over-the-air, you can flash the newest version onto to your device as long as it is rooted. AndroidPIT and its employees will not take any responsibility for damages to your smartphone, so be sure that you feel confident with this procedure.

What you need to do:

• Ensure that you have the correct model for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2: GT-N7100
  • charge phone to at least 80%
  • install correct drivers on PC
  • Enable USB debugging on Note 2 via settings > developer options

How to update the Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat (XXUFND3)

• Download and extract the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for this version of the Galaxy Note 2. You can find the download here
  • Download and extract Odin using this link
  • Launch Odin on your PC as an administrator
  • Boot your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode. In order to do this you need to press the volume down button, the home button and the power button down together until a warning prompt pops up on the screen.
  • Using Odin install the following files from the .zip folder that was downloaded earlier in step 1
  • Click AP and choose the file with code in the name
  • Choose CP and then choose the file with modem in the name
  • Choose CSC and then choose the file with CSC in the file path
  • Choose PIT and choose the file with .pit as an extension
  • Go to the option submenu in the odin software and check autoreboot and f.reset time. After doing this you haveto uncheck the re-partition section
    Click start and the installation will start
    When the installation is done your device will reboot and after this you will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat

You can check to see what version it is running by checking in the settings -> about device.

Bouncy

rommel bacosa
  • Forum posts: 3

May 8, 2014, 8:11:24 PM via Website

When can we get our kitkat? My fone is sgh-t889v and am with mobilicity.

Taylor Gilmore
  • Forum posts: 1

May 18, 2014, 11:32:35 PM via Website

I have the SGH T889 T-Mobile, is there any news on if or when it will get updated? It sure would be nice!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 19, 2014, 7:39:53 AM via Website

Well, @rommel KitKat update for Note II is been rolling out all over, I can tell you the exact day it is going to arrive for your device but I'll say soon you are going to have the KitKat update.

— modified on May 19, 2014, 7:40:19 AM

Joe Bee
  • Forum posts: 2

May 30, 2014, 7:24:44 PM via Website

I know that the most widely used operating system is Windows and because of this the Odin system is is touted for flashing Roms. I personally use LinuxMint and have done for 6 years so Odin is of no use to me. Could you at least put a link on your pages for us Linux users where we can get the information relative to us.
Thanks.
JB