Samsung Galaxy S4 — VPN Issues

• Replies:8
Mark Davidson
  • Forum posts: 4

May 8, 2014, 3:19:11 PM via Website

When I first set up VPN, I found the issue with credentials and having to have more security. OK got that to work.
But I do not use the VPN very often and got tired of the pattern lock so I switched back to a swipe.
I knew that the VPN settings would be gone, but I'm ok with that... although it's a nuisance.
Last night I went to turn on the VPN, but no matter what I do I can't get past the "Enter password for Credential storage".
I have tried to re-enable lock screen security, I have tried to enter multiple bad pins.
I went to the: settings < security < more < clear credentials but it is grayed out...

... what to do? I am at the point of a factory reset, but I don' really want to do that either

— modified on May 8, 2014, 6:10:08 PM by moderator

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 9, 2014, 10:21:54 AM via Website

Well, what I am not getting is do you have the access of your device I mean can you pop yourself in ??? Why I am saying this is because you said you went to the settings<security........ so assuming you can access your device, I'll say try doing a soft factory reset .

Mark Davidson

May 9, 2014, 1:22:53 PM via Website

yes John I have full access to my phone, I just blurted out different thing found looking online for a solution

I juast am no longer able to set my vpn back up

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 9, 2014, 2:13:20 PM via Website

Well, I don't seem to know what's going on with your device but i'll say try performing a soft factory reset as this will reset all the settings back to the time when you have bought your device.

Mark Davidson

May 9, 2014, 2:16:35 PM via Website

ok I am going to try the reset settings first
settings >accounts>backup and reset> "reset settings"

Mark Davidson

May 9, 2014, 2:24:39 PM via Website

nope...that did not work.. I guess it's is a hard reset this weekend

Mia
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 28, 2014, 2:15:35 PM via Website

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S4 but I don't have acces of my own device. It does not let me do anything... says "wrong password" even if I type the password that i had set for the VPN, which by the way was in the phone settings, didn't install any app
Is there a way I can fix it without resetting the phone to factory settings and loose everthing?
Please help!

Mia

Nov 30, 2014, 1:04:51 PM via Website

John F.

Well, what I am not getting is do you have the access of your device I mean can you pop yourself in ??? Why I am saying this is because you said you went to the settings

I wanted to try to share my internet 4G connection from the Galaxy S4 to an older phone, an iPhone 3GS to see if it works so I went into the settings and found the VPN and because I don't know much about it the first thing I did was to setup a password for it so that other people cannot use it.
Now I can't even go into my settings to disable it.
It requires a screen lock password.... I tried the pasword that I set up for the VPN but it doesn't work.
Is there a way I can use my phone again without loosing all the data on it?
Please help! Thank you!

Rebecca James

Dec 31, 2014, 2:19:34 PM via Website

which VPN service you are using?