Motorola Moto G — How to fix Moto G battery issues

• Replies:4
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 14, 2014, 11:43:05 AM via Website

Hi Moto G users,

Have you been having issues with the battery of your Moto G?

With the Moto G, if the batteyr is acting oddly, this means it hasn't been calibrated properly. You can see this happen by monitoring the battery percentage in the status bar: if it jumps around, for example from 50% to 1% and back again, you may have this calibration error.

To calibrate the battery you must:

First check the capacity of your battery, either by looking on the actual battery or by searching on the internet.

Install [Current Widget: Battery Monitor][1] from the Google Play Store, which will show the battery charge in milliamps (mAh). Charge your smartphone until you reach the total milliampere amount indicated for your specific battery.

Once this has been reached, reboot your phone. The battery now shows that it is 100 % charged and your problems should be fixed! :)

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 11:33:07 AM via Website

Thanks the solution was very helpful, if possible you can also try this, It is quite simple to solve, just let your battery be discharge fully, then recharge it fully while your device is Off and then use it. If it doesn’t solve the problem, repeat the process till you are satisfied.

Neha Malik
  • Forum posts: 45

Sep 12, 2017, 2:09:20 PM via Website

ok Loie , once its works i'll let you know

Stratos
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 10, 2019, 6:30:17 PM via Website

I have had my G4 now for around 3 years and it has only recently started playing up which is prompting me to look at replacing it possibly with the G7 Power.
My battery is now only lasting a few hours, It will die on me with around 22% left in the tank or so it tells me when I connect the charger and it will fully recharge? in around 45 minutes!! - or so it says?