Samsung Galaxy S3 — grey lines screen

• Replies:3
Su Downham
  • Forum posts: 1

May 21, 2014, 5:07:03 PM via Website

When i turn on my phone I get this screen and my phone is blocked. Can anyone tell me what to do to get it working again?
Thanks

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 21, 2014, 6:23:14 PM via Website

Eek, that's a scary looking screen! I had the same thing on the G2 recently (although as it booted you could catch glimpses of the boot animation and lock screen).

The bad news is (at least in the G2's case) was that it was hardware problem - and it had to be replaced.

You could try to reflash the latest S3 firmware through Odin (assuming the device is recognized), otherwise I think a trip to a repair center is in your future. They might be able to suggest an alternative solution to getting the graphics chip replaced. If they have a cheap fix be sure to let us know!

Good luck!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 22, 2014, 9:33:41 AM via Website

Whoopss, that just looks too much scary to me :O It looks like you are playing with your device to an extreme extent I would say why don't you try re-flashing the ROM over s3 like @kris said try flashing the stock ROM using the odin you can get the stock ROM from the sammobile/firmware section. If that still doesn't helps you out then get ready to give your device a healthy vacation :P

Chris Larkin
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 19, 2015, 12:33:19 PM via Website

Any update about a repair on this one? I just woke up to the same issue.