Creating a user database system- Android

• Replies:11
george vazques
  • Forum posts: 1

May 28, 2014, 8:13:27 PM via Website

I am relatively new to android development, I was wondering what steps you would want to take to create an in-app user database for users to be able to log in with user names/passwords? Im assuming SQL would be involved at some point but i'd imagine the master database would have to be hosted online? Thanks

usman ishaque
  • Forum posts: 1

May 28, 2014, 9:01:11 PM via Website

yes the master database would be hosted online but it is no so easy to set up, you need to do a lot of resaerch.

brutus brutus
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 24, 2014, 8:22:01 AM via Website

same question....which server is best for android apps?. A server which can manage data and response well to clients request.

Tommi Chou
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 4, 2016, 11:21:28 PM via Website

android has build-in sqlite database.

Achin Sagar
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 6, 2016, 12:10:26 PM via Website

You need to have a backend developed in conjunction with a database for app to work. If you find it difficult to develop one yourself go for MBAAS(mobile backend as a service) like Firebase. You can use their api and need not care about hosting one.

hama hama
  • Forum posts: 102

Sep 10, 2016, 2:29:23 PM via Website

Same probem

waqasali
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 7, 2017, 12:51:34 PM via Website

android has sqlite database

DarkByte
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 30, 2017, 2:04:16 AM via Website

first for try atack the IAT obviusly you n33d before rebase OEP *400000000 and fix someone .dlls with .importREC..... lat3r you can edit you ,unpacket bd relaxedd jjjjj
have fun !

DarkByte
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 30, 2017, 2:06:31 AM via Website

sqllite` really easy to hack

have fun

Mhenard Louie
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 12, 2019, 5:37:52 PM via Website

Hey guys! Could somebody please give me a picture of the process of doing this? As well as what software to use. I'm teaching myself to develop an app and I could really use your help. :)

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 15, 2021, 9:43:09 AM via Website

Use the updateHandler() method as follows:
public boolean updateHandler(int ID, String name) {
SQLiteDatabase db = this. getWritableDatabase();
ContentValues args = new ContentValues();
args. put(COLUMN_ID, ID);
args. put(COLUMN_NAME, name);
return db. update(TABLE_NAME, args, COLUMN_ID + "=" + ID, null) > 0;
}

Mintir
  • Forum posts: 10

Sep 25, 2023, 11:21:48 AM via Website

To create an in-app user database for users to log in with usernames and passwords, here are the general steps you can follow:

Design the Database Schema: Determine what information you need to store for each user, such as username, password, email, etc. Define the structure of your database using tables, columns, and relationships.

Choose a Database Technology: SQL (Structured Query Language) is commonly used for creating and managing databases. You can use SQLite, which is a lightweight and embedded database that comes bundled with Android, or consider using an external database like MySQL or PostgreSQL hosted online. The choice depends on your specific requirements and scalability needs.