Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Phone keep installing system data

• Replies:28
  • Answered
Giang Vo
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 1, 2014, 7:08:28 AM via Website

Android notified there was an update of 4.4.2
I updated and the screen showed "Installing system update". It loaded up to 100% then went black and restarted with the screen "samsung note 2 N7000". Then the screen with "Installing system update" reappeared.
The whole process keeps happening like that for nearly a day. I don't know what happen. Please help me.

— modified on Jun 2, 2014, 1:31:40 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 1, 2014, 1:32:29 PM via App

Are you sure it said that it would update to 4.4.2? Because I also have a note note 2 and I was very excited when my phone was updating, hoping it was kit kat. But after installing nothing changed. So either this is a bug for both of us or it just was some minor software update or something. Would love if someone could explain what it is exactly.
(excuse any bad English, from Sweden :D)

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 2, 2014, 8:10:16 AM via Website

@Giang well that's just bad !! It looks your device has stuck in the boot loop of updating because of..... :( Try factory resetting your device if it doesn't works then I'll say you need to flash the firmware over to your device manually. :( First try factory resetting if that still not fix your issue let me know I'll tell you how to flash .... :)

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 2, 2014, 10:20:06 AM via Website

John Farrell

@Giang well that's just bad !! It looks your device has stuck in the boot loop of updating because of..... :( Try factory resetting your device if it doesn't works then I'll say you need to flash the firmware over to your device manually. :( First try factory resetting if that still not fix your issue let me know I'll tell you how to flash .... :)

Dear John, Thanks alot for your kindness of helping me out. I forgot to mention I did try to do the factory reset but couldn't. I held the volume up key, main menu key then the power button but only ended up with the same screen of " intsalling system update..." Hope you can show me further. Many thanks. Giang

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 2, 2014, 10:37:07 AM via Website

Hey @Giang try following the factory resetting steps that @Kris have mentioned have a look over here

https://www.nextpit.com/forum/565019/hard-reset-your-samsung-galaxy-note-2 let me know if it doesn't works for you. Then I'll will guide you through the flashing process. :)

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 2, 2014, 10:41:22 AM via Website

John Farrell

Hey @Giang try following the factory resetting steps that @Kris have mentioned have a look over here

https://www.nextpit.com/forum/565019/hard-reset-your-samsung-galaxy-note-2 let me know if it doesn't works for you. Then I'll will guide you through the flashing process. :)

I tried this but still not working :(

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 2, 2014, 11:18:55 AM via Website

Hey Giang,

Before moving forward with the flashing process there are some Pre-Requisites

1. Go to the Sammobile/firmware section and download the appropriate Stock ROM available.
  2. Next thing is the need of downloading the latest version of ODIN, it can be found by googling. Just type "odin 3.09" they very first result will allow you to download.

Instruction:

1. Run the Odin3 v3.04.exe as an administrator, and enable the check mark on Auto reboot and F.Reset Time
  2. Extract the stock ROM i.e. downloaded in the pre-requisites step 1 over to your desktop.
  3. Now you need to enter in download mode which can be done by pressing and holding Volume down+ Home Key. A warning page will appear press the volume up key again to enter into the download mode.
  4. Next thing you need to do is connect your device to the PC by USB cable, and do make sure that one of communication port [ID:COM] highlighted in light blue.
  5. Click on the PDA and navigate the extracted file i.e it will be .tar file over to the ODIN.
  6. Start downloading the binary file (i.e the ROM you have downloaded) into the device by clicking Start Button on the odin. After the downloading precess completes a green colored "PASS!" sign will appear on the upper-left box if the ROM has successfully flashed over to your device.
  7. Wait a while until your device reboots itself.

It should start working normally !! :)

Feel free to ask any question you encounter. :)

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 2, 2014, 11:44:36 AM via Website

I'm so sorry but I don't know which ROM to download. I'm terrible with technology, please understand

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 2, 2014, 11:47:47 AM via Website

Giang Vo

I'm so sorry but I don't know which ROM to download. I'm terrible with technology, please understand

Which region and network provider you are currently on Giang ? Also mention the Model number !

— modified on Jun 2, 2014, 11:58:20 AM

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 2, 2014, 11:49:53 AM via Website

I'm in Australia. The network provider is OPTUS

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 2, 2014, 1:32:01 PM via App

I'm not really in to rules and laws considering this, but if your phone still has a warranty, shouldn't you be able to return it to Samsung or your retailer and get it fixed or have it replaced.
Hope I'm helping and good luck.

Giang Vo

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 2, 2014, 2:16:08 PM via Website

@Giang Sorry for taking time in responding actually I was trying to figure out which ROM I should give to you !!! But still can't figured it actually..... well, one more thing that @Adrian has point really a good point which I was ..... Like you said you are new to this.... so tweaking it yourself might ended you up in bricking, if you're device is still covered under the warranty then I would say don't move forward with the flashing process because it could end up the warranty. But still if you want to move forward with the flashing process give me a day once I figure out the ROM you can move forward with the flashing process. And @Adrian one more thing I would like to say here is the trick I am telling @Giang is the same that samsung technician will do, in addition to the method I have ....... they will reset the Knox counter also to "0" which makes the device under warranty again. :)

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 4, 2014, 2:46:00 AM via Website

I bought it since Nov 2012, the warranty expired awhile ago. It costs a lot to fix phones here especially smart phones. Therefore, I wanna try fixing it myself if possible :(

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 4, 2014, 5:37:56 AM via App

I will look for a firmware.
Is your phone network unlocked ?

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 5:39:14 AM

Ready To Help You.

Giang Vo

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 4, 2014, 5:46:51 AM via Website

@mobile cracker Good to have you here can you suggest firmware for @Giang Vo as you are from sammobile I will say you can help him better on this :)

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 6:13:07 AM

Giang Vo

Jun 4, 2014, 5:47:13 AM via Website

Yes my phone is unblocked.
Model: Samsung Galaxy note 2 GT-N7100.

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 6:16:25 AM

Deactivated Account

Jun 4, 2014, 6:08:53 AM via Website

@giang I mean network unlocked not unblocked

first method
update with kies
http://androidcentral.us/2013/09/how-to-fix-firmware-upgrade-encountered-an-issue-on-kies/

second method
if your are network unlocked you can flash any country firmware
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-N7100&pcode=0#firmware

do not post your IMEI number and serial number here

@john i am from sammobile not from samsung

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 6:09:50 AM

Ready To Help You.

Giang Vo

Deactivated Account

Jun 4, 2014, 6:21:40 AM via Website

you must be using N7105 LTE Australia optus
there is no 4.4.2 update
open network or international phone receive OTA updates from Samsung
but carrier network phone gets updates from their carrier
you can install other country firmware only after unlocking your phone.

so do this first

first method
update with kies
http://androidcentral.us/2013/09/how-to-fix-firmware-upgrade-encountered-an-issue-on-kies/

Ready To Help You.

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 4, 2014, 6:29:19 AM via Website

mobile crackers

there is no 4.4.2 update

Hi, I'm pretty sure mine one is "GT-N7100" not the "GT-N7105 LTE". I tried the first method like you said but didn't work. I plan to try the second one soon. Thanks a lot for your help. Giang

Deactivated Account

Jun 4, 2014, 6:31:19 AM via Website

John Farrell

@mobile crackers I am sorry but does that mean the same ??? sammobile or ..... ??? :?

@john sammobile does not have any link with samsung. The firmwares on our firmware page are all official Samsung firmwares provided by Samsung’s own program Kies.

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account

Jun 4, 2014, 6:35:43 AM via Website

Giang Vo

mobile crackers

there is no 4.4.2 update

Hi, I'm pretty sure mine one is "GT-N7100" not the "GT-N7105 LTE". I tried the first method like you said but didn't work. I plan to try the second one soon. Thanks a lot for your help. Giang

before trying the second method
check whether your phone is unlocked. simple just insert different sim cards .
if not you need to unlock your phone this is the most important thing
after going to 4.4.2 you can't downgrade due to bootloader lock

Ready To Help You.

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 4, 2014, 6:48:10 AM via Website

[[cite mobile crackers]]

I'm not too sure what you meant by network unlocked, my understanding is the phone can be use with any network provider. If that the case then yes it is, except 4G. I can't check the phone now by inserting different sim cards since it now can't show any network and stuck in the "installing system data..."

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 6:49:00 AM

Deactivated Account

Jun 4, 2014, 6:52:10 AM via Website

Giang Vo

[[cite mobile crackers]]

I'm not too sure what you meant by network unlocked, my understanding is the phone can be use with any network provider. If that the case then yes it is, except 4G. I can't check the phone now by inserting different sim cards since it now can't show any network and stuck in the "installing system data..."

that is what i meant to say . :)
so you can flash other country firmware too
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-N7100&pcode=0#firmware
and flash it with odin
if you need 4.4.2 update

— modified on Jun 4, 2014, 6:53:02 AM

Ready To Help You.

Giang Vo

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 4, 2014, 11:10:54 AM via Website

Hi Giang, the advice you're getting here is fine, but you should be able to walk into any Optus store and say ''hey, my update didn't work, can you help?'' and they should just have a crack at it there and then without charging you (at least, i always found Optus to be friendly enough, not like Telstra!). The issue is just an update bootloop which is very common, so the average guy in the store should be very familiar with it.

If you want to go the manual fix route, you can check out this tutorial I wrote a while back to flash firmware manually - of course, it's a different device but the steps are identical, you just need to make sure you download the right firmware from Sam Mobile's firmware page. You can also just pull the battery for 30 seconds, reinsert it and try the button combination again for the factory reset. If that still doesn't take you to stock recovery then you'll have to fix the firmware yourself as mentioned above or take the device into a store.

Let us know how you go and good luck!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Giang Vo

Giang Vo

Jun 5, 2014, 3:13:46 AM via Website

I made it, everything is working fine now. Extremely appreciate for all the help I received here. Thank you so much <3

alexchen
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 5:08:35 AM via Website

hi giang ,i want to no how can u fix this problem ,i had the same problem as it today ,plz help me out

Deactivated Account

Jul 6, 2014, 8:48:46 AM via App

alexchen

hi giang ,i want to no how can u fix this problem ,i had the same problem as it today ,plz help me out

just follow the instructions that we have given in the post

Ready To Help You.