Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Phone keep installing system data

• Replies:28
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 681

Jun 4, 2014 6:31:19 AM via Website

John Farrell

@mobile crackers I am sorry but does that mean the same ??? sammobile or ..... ??? :?

@john sammobile does not have any link with samsung. The firmwares on our firmware page are all official Samsung firmwares provided by Samsung’s own program Kies.

Ready To Help You.

Jun 4, 2014 6:35:43 AM via Website

Giang Vo

mobile crackers

you must be using N7105 LTE Australia optus
there is no 4.4.2 update
open network or international phone receive OTA updates from Samsung
but carrier network phone gets updates from their carrier
you can install other country firmware only after unlocking your phone.

Hi, I'm pretty sure mine one is "GT-N7100" not the "GT-N7105 LTE". I tried the first method like you said but didn't work. I plan to try the second one soon. Thanks a lot for your help. Giang

before trying the second method
check whether your phone is unlocked. simple just insert different sim cards .
if not you need to unlock your phone this is the most important thing
after going to 4.4.2 you can't downgrade due to bootloader lock

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 11

Jun 4, 2014 6:48:10 AM via Website

[[cite mobile crackers]]

I'm not too sure what you meant by network unlocked, my understanding is the phone can be use with any network provider. If that the case then yes it is, except 4G. I can't check the phone now by inserting different sim cards since it now can't show any network and stuck in the "installing system data..."

— modified on Jun 4, 2014 6:49:00 AM

Jun 4, 2014 6:52:10 AM via Website

Giang Vo

[[cite mobile crackers]]

I'm not too sure what you meant by network unlocked, my understanding is the phone can be use with any network provider. If that the case then yes it is, except 4G. I can't check the phone now by inserting different sim cards since it now can't show any network and stuck in the "installing system data..."

that is what i meant to say . :)
so you can flash other country firmware too
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-N7100&pcode=0#firmware
and flash it with odin
if you need 4.4.2 update

— modified on Jun 4, 2014 6:53:02 AM

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 1,338

Jun 4, 2014 11:10:54 AM via Website

Hi Giang, the advice you're getting here is fine, but you should be able to walk into any Optus store and say ''hey, my update didn't work, can you help?'' and they should just have a crack at it there and then without charging you (at least, i always found Optus to be friendly enough, not like Telstra!). The issue is just an update bootloop which is very common, so the average guy in the store should be very familiar with it.

If you want to go the manual fix route, you can check out this tutorial I wrote a while back to flash firmware manually - of course, it's a different device but the steps are identical, you just need to make sure you download the right firmware from Sam Mobile's firmware page. You can also just pull the battery for 30 seconds, reinsert it and try the button combination again for the factory reset. If that still doesn't take you to stock recovery then you'll have to fix the firmware yourself as mentioned above or take the device into a store.

Let us know how you go and good luck!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 11

Jun 5, 2014 3:13:46 AM via Website

I made it, everything is working fine now. Extremely appreciate for all the help I received here. Thank you so much <3

• Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2014 5:08:35 AM via Website

hi giang ,i want to no how can u fix this problem ,i had the same problem as it today ,plz help me out

Jul 6, 2014 8:48:46 AM via App

alexchen

hi giang ,i want to no how can u fix this problem ,i had the same problem as it today ,plz help me out

just follow the instructions that we have given in the post

Ready To Help You.