Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — KITKAT UPGRADE

• Replies:3
imr5n
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 2, 2014, 12:43:48 PM via Website

HOW TO UPGRADE MY SAMSUNG S4 ACTIVE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDROID , someone please guide me a little , i have android version 4.2.2 installed in my mobile
whihc suitable version would be better for my mobile ,
thanks

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 2, 2014, 5:40:52 PM via App

Usually you want to update considering updates usually contain bug fixes, UI improvements, overall optimization and more.

If you have not rooted your phone you should be getting the update when Samsung has realeased it in a simple OTA update

Hope I helped ;)

— modified on Jun 2, 2014, 5:41:21 PM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 3, 2014, 11:05:31 AM via Website

You'll have to wait on your carrier update. Even though it's been released by Google and modified by Samsung, it still needs approval by your carrier which can take a while. You can update yourself, but you need to know the model (i537 or GT-i9295) before attempting anything. I'm not familiar with flashing Samsung devices, but all you need to know can be found on xda here but make sure you understand what you need to do and why before trying anything. Feel free to ask for further advice here though.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 3, 2014, 2:20:30 PM via Website

imr5n

HOW TO UPGRADE MY SAMSUNG S4 ACTIVE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDROID , someone please guide me a little , i have android version 4.2.2 installed in my mobile
whihc suitable version would be better for my mobile ,
thanks

updating with kies(kies is the safest methhod)

also you can use odin
if you don't have an OTA update, you can flash other country firmware after unlocking .

— modified on Jun 3, 2014, 3:22:28 PM

Ready To Help You.