Best developer tools for Android

• Replies:93
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 15, 2017 1:41:18 PM via Website

Here, we have come up with the best 6 tools that will really boost your mobile app development and will produce the desired result.

Robotium
Adobe
Test Fairy
Genymotion
Xamarin
Appsee
Analyzing, testing, emulating and evaluating continuously will make your mobile app efficient, dynamic and productive. The above discussed tools will increase your app productivity and will boost up its development. So, try it and boost your mobile app development.

• Forum posts: 1

May 3, 2017 1:14:05 PM via Website

Since Google makes Android, it is only fitting that they would also make an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that allows people to develop apps for it. Succeeding Eclipse in 2014, Android Studio is Google’s answer to an all around IDE that enables developers to get what they need done without leaving the IDE itself. Android Studio’s coding environment acts just like any other Java IDE as far as error checking and file hierarchy. Besides the ability to code applications, Android Studio also offers the ability to test apps using the Android Virtual Device Manager and by plugging in physical devices and using the Android Debugging Bridge. You can download it here and a tutorial on how to use Android Studio can be found.

• Forum posts: 2

May 25, 2017 12:00:07 PM via Website

Hi developers,
Some of the followeing tools I research for windows app development:

PhoneGap

PhoneGap is an open source structure that helps with making applications with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. In the past known as Apache Cordova, PhoneGap has built up itself as one of the greatest players when creating applications for desktop, portable and the web. It is Open Source, as I have specified, so that implies that it will dependably be free and in view of the vast group consistently dealing with it, will dependably develop and turn out to be better with each discharge. More insights about PhoneGap and the download can be found here.

• Forum posts: 14

Jun 27, 2017 8:50:09 AM via Website

Best developer tools for Android are-

1) Android studio
2) Genymotion
3) Prisma
4) Eclipse w/ADT
5) The SDK and AVD Manager
6) Android Debug Bridge
7) The Android Emulator and Real Devices
8) The Monkey Test Tools
9) Fluid UI App Prototyping
10) Acorn 4 from Flying Meat Software

• Forum posts: 87

Jul 13, 2017 7:53:18 AM via Website

Helpful details on various tools. But need more tools suggestions.

• Forum posts: 1

Aug 20, 2017 8:46:15 AM via Website

With Droide - Android IDE, you can create and develope android app on android device

• Forum posts: 5

Sep 14, 2017 11:36:49 AM via Website

1) FlowUp
2) Stetho
3) JRebel for Android
4) Gradle Please
5) Android Asset Studio

• Forum posts: 2

Nov 13, 2017 4:51:16 PM via Website

Great List! Thank you for sharing such an informative post, as an Android Developer it was very useful for me

• Forum posts: 3

Nov 13, 2017 8:50:04 PM via Website

hello there are 2 other great engines that need no programming skills : construct 2 ( 3 is live ) and buildbox
in construct 2 when you export your game or app to cordova you need to go in a wrapper site like cocoon.io to build your apk ( in construct 3 you can export a native android application ) buildbox is easy to use and you can make great things with that engine ( color switch is made by buildbox )

• Forum posts: 14

Nov 18, 2017 1:30:50 PM via Website

I tried Game Salad a while back. I like the concept and I was able to make a rudimentary game but when I would hit a bug, I would have to recreate the whole game from scratch. Hopefully that aspect has improved since then.

I did like the idea of creating an ecosystem of artists and musicians to supply game assets.