Best developer tools for Android

• Replies:113
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 15, 2018, 9:05:52 AM via Website

Got a few interesting ideas! Thanks!

• Forum posts: 29

Feb 28, 2018, 8:41:59 AM via Website

Thanks for so many options! I will research all the answers and offer my variants.

— modified on Feb 28, 2018, 9:34:53 AM

• Forum posts: 29

Feb 28, 2018, 9:46:52 AM via Website

What a great list. Definitely thanks for sharing such info, it's useful for me as a developer.

Of course If you're going to become an app developer and code like a pro, you need to dive into the number of important Android development tools. I would mention Firebase .
In its turn, it offers various tools for your app development such as realtime database, analytics, remote configuration (great, helps you change your app settings on the go), as well as crash reporting (you can see all crashes that happen in your app), test lab (though limited for free usage) and cloud storage(possible to store videos. images here and get a downloadable link which you can use in your app to download things). To me - impressive.

And on the whole, some more tools and the overall approach to android apps development are mentioned hereIt would be nice if you look into it

— modified on Feb 28, 2018, 9:47:02 AM

• Forum posts: 20

Mar 13, 2018, 4:12:18 AM via Website

I think App Inventor is the fastest way to build apps for Android phones and tablets.

• Forum posts: 42

Mar 15, 2018, 7:44:45 AM via Website

Android Studio
No list of Android development tools would be complete without Android Studio. This is the official IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for Android, making it the number one choice for the majority of developers looking to make basic apps in-keeping with Google’s Material Design and with access to all the advanced features of the platform.

AVD Manager
The AVD Manager tool is bundled with Android Studio. AVD stands for ‘Android Virtual Device’, so essentially this is an emulator for running Android applications on your PC. This is useful because it means that you can test your apps quickly without having to constantly install them on physical devices. More importantly, the AVD Manager allows you to create lots of different emulators with different screen sizes, specifications and versions of Android. This means you can see what your creation will look like on any given device and thereby ensure support across the most popular gadgets.

Unity 3D
Unity 3D is the first of our recommended tools that doesn’t come pre-installed with Android Studio. It is a game engine and IDE for cross-platform game development. Unity is easy to learn and comes with a large variety of features for game development. While it’s possible to create a game with Android Studio, Unity lends itself to that kind of work much more readily and will save you considerable amounts of time and headache. You can even use it to create virtual reality apps for Daydream, Cardboard or the Gear

• Forum posts: 3

Jun 18, 2018, 1:46:20 PM via Website

There are many important tools for Android development such as:-
1.FlowUp
2.Stetho
3.JRebel for Android
4.Gradle, Please
5.Android Asset Studio
6.LeakCanary
7.DryRun and more.

— modified on Jun 18, 2018, 1:46:57 PM

• Forum posts: 1

Jul 25, 2018, 11:10:17 AM via Website

Hi Guys,

Here Six Android Tools Every Android Developer Should Know About.
1. Genymotion
2. Fluid UI App Prototyping
3. AppIconSizes.com
4. Acorn 4 from Flying Meat Software
5. Ubertesters.com
6. Help From An Android Expert

Thanks & Regards
John D

Aug 11, 2018, 7:39:51 AM via Website

Is Android Studio considered a developer tool?

Currently I am using Haxe and Haxeflixel to develop android games.

I have Best site. If you want let me know...

• Forum posts: 2

Aug 29, 2018, 9:48:10 PM via Website

Hi there,

Nice information. Thanks for sharing :)

Though I'm thinking of hiring android app development company for my app.

I'm thinking about reaching out to App Maisters. Do you know about them?

— modified on Aug 29, 2018, 9:51:54 PM

Sep 6, 2018, 9:26:59 AM via Website

Hi

Thanks for sharing these tools with us being an Android developer it is really helpful for us.

The best Android developer tools to rely on:

1. LeakCanary
  2. AIDE
  3. Vysor
  4. Stetho
  5. B4A
  6. Android Studio
  7. Codota
  8. GenyMotion
  9. Visual Studio with Xamarin
  10. Source Tree
  11. Fabric, One Those Powerful Android App Development Tools You Should Be Using
  12. Eclipse
  13. InstaBug
  14. Unreal Engine
  15. Takt

Recommended articles