Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Note 3 screen went blank

• Replies:2
Dwityo Pujotomo
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 5, 2014, 1:04:53 PM via Website

Hi Kris, you seems like the man on Android nor Samsung. I have a Galaxy Note 3, after some updates that they notified, the screen went blank, well... at first went blury green, then blank. I see some post in the web about uninstall updates and so on inclusive pull the pen out. but my screen simply went blury green....I cannot see anything only green dot that blury all over the screen.....

is this a software mallfunction? or a hardware. to make it worse, I am an Indonesian, I buy this Note in Malaysia. When I brought this device to the Indonesian dealer, they said I should bring it to the Malaysian dealer. WTF? its 2014 and guarantee is worldwide....BTW, this ppone only 1 month from purchase. so its relatively brand new and full guranteed.

Thanks dude

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 5, 2014, 2:10:35 PM via Website

Dwityo Pujotomo

Hi Kris, you seems like the man on Android nor Samsung. I have a Galaxy Note 3, after some updates that they notified, the screen went blank, well... at first went blury green, then blank. I see some post in the web about uninstall updates and so on inclusive pull the pen out. but my screen simply went blury green....I cannot see anything only green dot that blury all over the screen.....

is this a software mallfunction? or a hardware. to make it worse, I am an Indonesian, I buy this Note in Malaysia. When I brought this device to the Indonesian dealer, they said I should bring it to the Malaysian dealer. WTF? its 2014 and guarantee is worldwide....BTW, this ppone only 1 month from purchase. so its relatively brand new and full guranteed.

Thanks dude

take out the battery for 10 minutes and turn it on
go to recovery and clear cache then data/factory reset .
see if the problem still exist ..

Ready To Help You.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 5, 2014, 8:11:16 PM via Website

If you go into recovery (with the phone off, press the power button + volume up + home at the same time) and see if you still have the same problem. If yes, then it's hardware related and needs to be replaced. If the recovery screen looks normal then it's a software issue, re-flash your stock firmware.

Sinkster