Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Just got Note3. So I will need to buy all proprietary USB cords??

• Replies:3
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 12, 2014 9:36:43 PM via Website

I just got my Note3 from Credo/Sprint yesterday. I've got the basics activated and running but was not expecting the proprietary USB charging cord.
So evidently I'll need to buy new cords so I can charge the Note3 in my car? And if I don't want to keep unplugging/plugging the one that came in the box and moving it around?
Am I missing something?
Any help/direction for this newbie would be appreciated. My previous smartphone was the Samsung SG3.
Thanks very much.

• Forum posts: 1,354

Jun 12, 2014 9:51:09 PM via App

Hi, you can use the your 'older', standard USB chords as well as the new one, which is USB3.the main difference is data transfer speed to PC.

• Forum posts: 4

Jun 12, 2014 11:14:35 PM via Website

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your telling me that. I didn't realize that I could still plug in the old USB cord on the right side of the plug-in area. But I just tried it and shazam - it plugs in just fine and is charging as I type this.

I don't have any crucial data that requires a higher data speed. So the standard car charger I used for the SG3 should still work for the Note3, right?

That is a huge load off my mind! Thank you again.

• Forum posts: 663

Jun 13, 2014 4:59:24 AM via Website

@bobbie, if you don't have any crucial data to transfer then you can use the car charger but if you want to update your phone with kies, to get a better speed you can use new charger (USB3)

Ready To Help You.