Phone no OS or CWM or Download mode!! Please help.

• Replies:18
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 15, 2014, 3:19:12 PM via Website

Hello there guys,
I was trying to install a custom ROM on my COPY of the Samsung Galaxy Mega when I accidentally wiped the /system! Thus I have no OS now and I don't really know why but also no CWM. And since it's a copy there is no Download mode sadly.
I am pretty sure that it's almost impossible to fix this without getting a new hard drive/motherboard but any help would be extremely appreciated!
PS: My phone does turn on, gives only a black screen... it is also recognised as Disk D and Disk F on my computer though.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 15, 2014, 4:25:02 PM via App

have you tried updating with kies ?
can you enter download mode or recovery mode

— modified on Jun 15, 2014, 4:25:35 PM

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account

Jun 15, 2014, 6:01:56 PM via Website

Well, I now have access to Recovery mode.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 16, 2014, 7:14:29 AM via Website

You'll need to find the correct rom for the phone. Check on XDA or Google, but don't use Samsung software if it's a copy.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Jun 16, 2014, 8:10:58 PM via Website

Well, that's kinda the biggest problem.. I can't find the correct ROM for my phone :(

sinkster

Jun 16, 2014, 8:51:30 PM via Website

If you know the model number you should be able to get some info from XDA or other forum. You could also try the manufacturers website.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Jun 16, 2014, 10:36:45 PM via Website

Unfortunately, I do not know the model number... and I also got it from a store.. so.... any other suggestions?

sinkster

Jun 16, 2014, 10:54:54 PM via Website

go into settings/about phone, it should tell you there.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 17, 2014, 4:08:56 AM via Website

Update vie kies

1, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:* / PHONE: / CSC: (*) this is what we want to see

Ready To Help You.

sinkster

Jun 17, 2014, 11:18:43 AM via Website

mobile crackers

Update vie kies

1, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:* / PHONE: / CSC: (*) this is what we want to see

This would work with a Samsung, but Kareem's phone is a copy so it would be pretty pointless. It's probably a Mediatek chip which won't be recognised by kies.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Jun 17, 2014, 11:36:14 PM via Website

Yeah, it actually won't be recognised in KIES. It has an MT65xx Chip.

— modified on Jun 17, 2014, 11:36:44 PM

Deactivated Account

Jun 19, 2014, 1:42:14 AM via Website

UPDATE: I have had success in flashing a ROM, but I have problems booting.... It just gives a black screen with the LED notification light lit blue.

sinkster

Jun 19, 2014, 9:55:15 AM via Website

There are quite a few clones of the Mega, so be sure you're flashing the correct one. You can port quite a few roms with a little effort but you need the correct stock rom for some key components. Check under the battery for any manufacturer details/model numbers.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Jun 19, 2014, 11:10:30 AM via Website

It has the Model which is basically I9200 and has CMIT ID, IMEI, and the Serial Number.... which one of those can be useful?

sinkster

Jun 19, 2014, 11:44:42 AM via Website

Is there a manufacturer? i9200 is the generic Galaxy Mega model number, never share your IMEI or serial number though! Does the store sell any more of the same, they may know the supplier or info regarding the phone.
You said 'no more CWM' in the OP, if it came with a custom recovery there may be hope as that could mean there is some development for the device.

— modified on Jun 19, 2014, 3:31:15 PM

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Jun 19, 2014, 9:06:58 PM via Website

Well, I did say that I don't have access to CWM, but then I discovered a way to access it... and that's why I am trying to find the right ROM, I am having really bad luck finding the ROM though.......And also, the store doesn't have any more of the Galaxy Mega.
Moreover, the only other thing that is on the back other than the Serial number, Model number, and IMEI is the CMIT ID.
My phone is HDC Galaxy S4 Mega MT6572, the only stock ROM that I could find was for the MT6592 :'(

And thanks for informing me to never share my IMEI or Serial number :)

— modified on Jun 20, 2014, 10:16:36 AM

Deactivated Account

Jun 20, 2014, 11:07:35 AM via Website

I just found out that this phone: admin edit: links are forbidden completely matches my phone's specifications, so that's 99% my phone..... can you help me find it's stock ROM?

— modified on Jun 20, 2014, 1:21:59 PM by moderator

WAlliD
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 27, 2015, 6:31:25 PM via Website

Kareem Fakhuri

Hello there guys,
I was trying to install a custom ROM on my COPY of the Samsung Galaxy Mega when I accidentally wiped the /system! Thus I have no OS now and I don't really know why but also no CWM. And since it's a copy there is no Download mode sadly.
I am pretty sure that it's almost impossible to fix this without getting a new hard drive/motherboard but any help would be extremely appreciated!
PS: My phone does turn on, gives only a black screen... it is also recognised as Disk D and Disk F on my computer though.

Guys i have the same problem but mine a little bit difference ..
i got Samsung GALAXY GT-7582 Dous 2 i think its also a copy of Dous
recovery mod is crashed and download mod also unable to use !!
i dont know what should i do !! is there any way to enter to download mod i cant even see it and i tried so many ways still not work :(
please help ????