What is your favorite Android smartphone?

• Replies:40
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 18, 2014, 10:49:49 AM via Website

Hey guys!

We ask a lot of questions to our readers to get some insight into what they like, but lets bring it back to basics and ask the ultimate question: what is your favorite Android smartphone?
Is it an HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG or other OEM device?
Are you more of a high end fan or like to stay with the cheap, yet performing phones?

My personal favorite device is the Galaxy Note 3. Though I don't own one, I wish I did! It would be so cool to be use a huge display and the S Pen stylus. :*

What is your favorite Android smartphone?

Dost Pakistan

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 18, 2014, 10:57:57 AM via Website

Well for me it changes all the time. Everything improves at such a rapid rate with technology and smartphones.

I think the LG G2 was awesome for changing all of the button placement to the reverse side. I think it was brave, there was a bit of an initial backlash which probably hurt their sales too, but now I hope everybody is generally agreed now that it works really well. So as a marked improvement upon that I'd have to say the LG G3 is my favorite smartphone at the moment.

Tarek L.
  • Forum posts: 2,459

Jun 18, 2014, 10:58:31 AM via App

LG G3 <3

Nicht wundern, bei Inaktivität ;)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 18, 2014, 2:17:19 PM via Website

I still stand by my Nexus 5. It may be a little older now but it's still so close to a perfect phone for me that I don't care.

I really like the new LG G3 and I am very impressed by what I've seen so far of the OnePlus One (for that price!) but it might be a bit too giant a phone for me and my tiny hipster pockets.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Jun 19, 2014, 9:51:32 AM via Website

I'm still a big fan of my first ever Android phone which was the HTC Desire but these days it is so far behind in terms of speed/storage etc, I then had the HTC Sensation XE and that was also an excellent phone and also an excellent camera (I regret selling that to this day, but I needed the money to go towards a decent laptop). The Xperia P I had was a decent phone but no external storage let it down, The Xperia T that I now use as a music player when working out is great but the battery life SUCKS. I think the Xperia Z1/Z1 compact/Z2 are very very impressive phones (from what I have seen of them). But my favourite is my current phone (The HTC One M8), I've been utterly blown away by it from the minute I switched it on, my only minor niggle with it is that is a bit of a nightmare (for me) when out and about as I've always liked to carry my phone in a front pocket rather than in a bag and it is a tight fit (sometimes impossibly so) and I'm finding it hard to find a soft pouch big enough for it for it to go safely in my bag.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 19, 2014, 9:59:34 AM via Website

Just now it's between the LG G3 and the Xperia Z2, though neither would tempt me away from the Nexus 5. If Sony released an affordable GPE phone based on the Z2 then I'd probably go for that.

Sinkster

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 19, 2014, 10:35:02 AM via Website

Northernbaygirl

my only minor niggle with it is that is a bit of a nightmare (for me) when out and about as I've always liked to carry my phone in a front pocket rather than in a bag and it is a tight fit (sometimes impossibly so) and I'm finding it hard to find a soft pouch big enough for it for it to go safely in my bag.

Yep, we all want bigger screens till they stop being able to fit in our pockets!

Haeydr
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 19, 2014, 11:21:34 AM via Website

Note 3 i would say.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 131

Jun 19, 2014, 7:36:27 PM via App

I really like my Nexus 4! I won't buy another phone soon.

Amat Mulisha
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 19, 2014, 11:22:08 PM via App

hurm.maybe sony xperia z2 because the camera,the sony UI and the design,absolutely stunning.most important thing to me to buy a smartphone is the camera,the battery and the software update.so i choose xperia Z2

Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jun 20, 2014, 8:33:44 AM via App

I've had gs4,sony z1,iphone 5,nexus4 and yet every phone let me down in some way or another,but from the moment i got my n5 i knew i fell in love haha,nexus 5 for me

Babak Sanei
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 20, 2014, 8:44:12 AM via App

HTC ONE M7- Best Price/Build Quality-Performance-Stability** ratio

Brian Lester
  • Forum posts: 18

Jun 20, 2014, 9:47:33 AM via Website

My Nexus 4!

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 20, 2014, 10:04:23 AM via Website

Babak Sanei

HTC ONE M7- Best Price/Build Quality-Performance-Stability** ratio

This sounds right.

Ronb747

Jun 20, 2014, 8:32:01 PM via App

Note 3! I have had one through T-Mobile for about 6 months now and love it. Great battery life, beautiful large screen, very responsive - I don't notice any lag probably due to the 3gb of memory, the S Pen is an added pkus that I use fairly often. I use the Nova launcher most of the time but switch regularly to others such as Action Launcher, Themer, and even use Touchwiz occaisonally. I love how easy it is to switch launchers. Android is the best for flexibility!!

Joel Orosco

Jun 21, 2014, 2:05:29 AM via App

Currently the Moto X is my favorite phone. Touch less controls and active display are must haves for me. Maybe when the Moto X +1 comes out, I'll upgrade 😆

Sarvesh Kumrawat

Jun 21, 2014, 8:10:14 AM via Website

I like all Nexus series android smartphones of Google.
Great hardware and great features.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 21, 2014, 3:21:02 PM via Website

Well for me, it always changes new latest technologies, updates, display, features and all...

The recent smartphone i liked to use is Samsung galaxy s4 and s5..

Jeffrey

Jun 22, 2014, 4:02:51 AM via App

I have to say that I have had many many Android smart phones and while I love my galaxy note 3, you simply can't go wrong with Samsung.

Jyri Kilpeläinen
  • Forum posts: 25

Jun 22, 2014, 1:34:39 PM via Website

Samsung Galaxy S3 is my current choice and it has worked perfectly. Way better than my old LG optimus 2X which was really laggy.

Dost Pakistan

Jun 22, 2014, 9:42:45 PM via Website

yes i have note 3 4g model and its great ,

syed nabi shah

Jun 23, 2014, 3:06:04 AM via App

samsung glaxy s4

stephanie leonard

Jun 23, 2014, 10:07:32 AM via App

I love my S4, 😊😊

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 23, 2014, 11:44:39 AM via Website

S4 is definitely a contender. For me, the S3 didn't do a lot of things better the S2, and the S5 didn't do a lot of things better than the S4.

Douglas Nolan

Jun 24, 2014, 9:13:28 AM via App

... now that I have rooted my Galaxy S3 and installed CM11,t"is my favourite..!!

molham
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 24, 2014, 11:23:20 AM via App

Sony xperia z2

Ashish Patil

Jun 25, 2014, 4:47:33 AM via App

I love sony and z1 compact is my favorite smartphone

donalam
  • Forum posts: 19

Jun 25, 2014, 9:18:06 AM via Website

HTC x one.. using this mobile from past 6 months and have no problem in it ..

Виталий Ивакин
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 25, 2014, 10:21:45 AM via Website

LG G3 is best

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 25, 2014, 10:31:14 AM via Website

I still stick with the Nexus 5 :)

Pat
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 29, 2014, 1:44:31 PM via Website

Any phone with the name Galaxy Note. They just fit my lifestyle and as long as they continue to include the ability to use a memory expansion card and to swap out batteries they always will be. Great phones that just keep getting better.

Tim Adams

Jul 27, 2014, 7:37:02 PM via Website

I started with the My Touch 2G (3G?), the 2nd Android phone available. I still like it, especially the little track-ball that allowed navigation without accidentally opening a link and was handy for game play. Moved up to a Sensation 4G and liked it but missed the little track-ball. Now have a Nexus 5 which I liked until just recently when it stopped making and receiving calls. It's now purely a data device and is getting LTE just fine. Its under warranty but if "they" decide I caused the problem my replacement from the play store will cost me $400. That will make my N5 a $800 + phone, which I absolutely don't like. Have seen others describe the same problem after the 4.4.4 update but no possible cure fixed mine, that I could find and tried. The play store/google support tech agreed the phone is hosed. I hope other owners better luck!

JonesW
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 29, 2014, 5:04:08 AM via Website

Tom Cat

Samsung Galaxy Note3 (N900) .

yes, I love to read e-book with my note3

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 22, 2014, 8:59:08 AM via Website

my vote goes to nexus 5 :D

zx cv
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 3, 2014, 2:30:04 PM via Website

Samsung Galaxy S 2-3-4-5 and may be 6.

ParkingArcade
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 22, 2014, 5:50:33 PM via Website

Right now I love OnePlus One. Low price + flagship specs!

Geolinlee

Sep 24, 2014, 12:32:30 PM via Website

As for this question, I prefer a Samsung one or a HTC one. But it seems that there are quite a lot of complaints about Samsung now, I m not sure is that ture because I've never use it.

Instead of a high end fan, I'm not that picky choosing a phone as long as it is equipped with average configurations, good lookings, good camera to take selfie, etc.

Welcome your opinions.

Angelica Parham
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 24, 2014, 12:39:57 PM via Website

Google Nexus 5. Definitely the best value-for-money Android smartphone in the market today..