How to speed up your Android smartphone

• Replies:37
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1,338

Jun 18, 2014 12:57:32 PM via Website

If your phone - no matter what phone you have - is feeling bogged down like Artax in the swamp in The Neverending Story (yeah, some of you know what I'm talking about) then here's a quick couple of tips to speed up your laggy Android:

• One word: Greenify (check the Play Store)

• Check your SD card capacity. You may think you can go right up to the limit with no problems, but you'd be mistaken. Clearing your temporary files, download folder and other miscellaneous data not only frees up more space (for more junk!) but it can also speed up your device a bit too.

• Figure out which apps are running at startup. You can do this with various apps like Advanced Task Manager or Wakelock Detector

• Throw down some reset action. My favorite way to clear up bugs, lag and other issues is with regular resets. Back up your important apps and data and restore your phone to factory defaults, then load all your stuff back on a clean slate and begin the process again.

— modified on Jun 18, 2014 1:45:33 PM by moderator

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 4

Sep 10, 2014 1:13:40 AM via Website

Man what a waste of time, thats all common sense. How about something new

• Forum posts: 13

Oct 1, 2014 8:26:59 AM via Website

Well i just look at these things.

• Forum posts: 14

Oct 1, 2014 3:25:53 PM via Website

Clean Master app is also worth a try. It's a good app to clean junk files and useless data from Android.

Dec 8, 2014 7:35:29 AM via Website

It is good. But, you can do all above mentioned tasks throgh Cache Cleaner (DU Speed Booster). It is nice app to clear the screen and remove temp files.

• Forum posts: 78

Jan 16, 2015 6:47:33 AM via App

Try using greenify app it will save ur battery as well as speed up ur android device

— modified on Jan 16, 2015 6:48:03 AM

• Forum posts: 12

Feb 9, 2015 4:18:23 PM via Website

If your phone is starved for internal storage and you can't spare any of your hard-earned apps, you can try moving them to your SD card instead (at least, if you're running Android 2.3 or earlier). This will free up that internal space and speed up your phone, but keep all your apps close at hand.

• Forum posts: 1

Feb 18, 2015 10:52:31 PM via App

Hi! I have a couple of questions about some apps. I found these apps on my Note 4: Kaiti, Miao and ShaoNj. I don't know what these apps are for and can I delete them?

• Forum posts: 22

May 25, 2015 4:20:17 AM via Website

OFTEN CLEAR YOUR CACHED DATA

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 30, 2015 12:02:33 PM via Website

Deleted some unuseful data and apps to speed up your android phone.

• Forum posts: 3

Aug 5, 2015 5:18:14 PM via Website

The chinese app baidu has some useful tools to clean and speed up your devce

• Forum posts: 167

Aug 11, 2015 4:08:36 PM via Website

These are common tricks of speed up your phone
Clear Your App Cache
Disable or Uninstall Unused Apps
Install a New App Launcher
Remove Unnecessary Widgets and Shortcuts
Limit or Disable Background Data

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

• Forum posts: 23

Oct 28, 2015 7:38:00 AM via Website

Android data cleaner to speed up android phone.

Oct 30, 2015 4:38:23 AM via Website

Hi, this is one of the common problems with my Samsung mobile phone. I also thought of trying to use the data cleaner to speed up my android. But, anyway, this tips on how to speed up my laggy phone will help me a lot. I really appreciate the information posted here.

— modified on Oct 30, 2015 8:18:36 AM

• Forum posts: 644

Nov 2, 2015 5:49:06 AM via Website

Hey Friend,
Thank you for the good suggest how we can speed up our smartphones.. It is really helpful for me and my friends too.. I will do it soon..

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

• Forum posts: 644

Nov 26, 2015 6:14:55 AM via Website

I think if you want to speed up your device, no apps could help you, the only thing you could do is to reduce the number of apps in your device, it will increase you speed

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

• Forum posts: 4

Dec 22, 2015 8:59:42 AM via Website

I always make it a habit to not fill my memory full, my old phone just shutdown due to full storage was not able to use it anymore

• Forum posts: 23

Dec 23, 2015 3:43:21 PM via Website

Thanks For Sharing

• Forum posts: 16

Feb 2, 2016 10:22:42 AM via Website

How to reduce and to control the number of active apps? For example, is there any app that controlls all the processes like in the windows Ctrl+Alt+Del?

• Forum posts: 16

Feb 3, 2016 4:14:18 PM via Website

Advertising))