[Free][App] NutriHawk: my first Android app, a nutrition tracker

• Replies:2
alixander
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 1:08:50 AM via Website

I created a nutrition app to track vitamins and minerals instead of the usual calories and protein/carbs/fat that most current nutrition apps focus on. My thinking was that little people actually "forget" to eat enough calories or such, but lacking a certain mineral/vitamin is a real health concern, especially for people with less varied diets. People can go weeks without some nutrient and not even realize the symptoms when they start appearing, usually finding out through some unconventional way like going to donate blood and having them tell you you're low on iron. This app isn't meant to track exact amounts, but rather estimates your general intake of these nutrients -- as such, you only input the healthy parts of your meal.

Definitely feel free to ask any questions or leave feedback in the comments, thanks!

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 20, 2014, 9:50:45 AM via Website

alixander

I created a nutrition app to track vitamins and minerals instead of the usual calories and protein/carbs/fat that most current nutrition apps focus on. My thinking was that little people actually "forget" to eat enough calories or such, but lacking a certain mineral/vitamin is a real health concern, especially for people with less varied diets. People can go weeks without some nutrient and not even realize the symptoms when they start appearing, usually finding out through some unconventional way like going to donate blood and having them tell you you're low on iron. This app isn't meant to track exact amounts, but rather estimates your general intake of these nutrients -- as such, you only input the healthy parts of your meal.

Definitely feel free to ask any questions or leave feedback in the comments, thanks!

It's a nice idea I like it.

alixander

Sumit Singh
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 1:16:18 PM via Website

FREE Nutrition tracker and Diet Tracker :: A nutrition tracker is only effective if you are able to easily track the nutrient value of the food you eat and then review your nutrition app entries regularly to identify patterns that are keeping you from losing weight and living a healthy life style.

Careot is a nutrition tracker that you need to try as it makes it very easy to track and review nutrition values and understand eating patterns.