Google Nexus 4 — Edge only

• Replies:2
Christoph M.
  • Forum posts: 15

Jun 22, 2014, 11:36:18 PM via Website

Hi,

I only can connect to the internet via edge for several weeks, now. I use the mobile network of O2 with the carrier DeutschlandSIM. The last year and a half I had no connection problems. The issue occurred suddenly without transition.

My brother uses a Nexus 4, too. He even has the same hardware version of it and uses the same mobile network with the same carrier and has the same contract. However, he still can connect to faster internet. Of course we tested it in the same place. I don't only get no faster internet in some places but everywhere.

The problem persists since the beginning of this month. I rebooted my smartphone several times since then.

kind regards

Edit: The problem has been solved in the German forum. "Preferred network type" had been set to "2G".

— modified on Jun 23, 2014, 8:16:33 PM

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 23, 2014, 10:27:37 AM via Website

Christoph you have accidentally posted in the English forum.

Here is the link to the German one: https://www.nextpit.de/forum/neue-beitraege

Thanks.

Christoph M.
  • Forum posts: 15

Jun 23, 2014, 3:34:15 PM via Website

Hi,

sorry for that and thank you for this hint. Unfortunately I get an error message ("Dein Beitrag enthält nicht zugelassenen Inhalt.", "Your post contains not permitted content." in English) when I want to post it in the German forum, so I changed the text above to English.

— modified on Jun 23, 2014, 3:36:02 PM