HTC Android 4.4.4 update schedule leaked - coming to HTC One M7 and One M8 in July

• Replies:1
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 30, 2014, 3:06:03 PM via Website

An HTC document has been leaked showing the update schedule for a number of their devices for Android 4.4.4 KitKat and beyond!

Notable leaker @LlabTooFeR has released the image below which, among other things, suggests that the HTC One M8 and HTC One M7 are likely to receive Android 4.4.4 sometime between July and August.

Have a look at the image below to see the full listings:

What do you think of HTC's update plans for 4.4.4 and Android L?

Peter Walker
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 22, 2014, 5:35:35 PM via Website

I am actually disapointed with HTC's update policy. When I read how other companies are busy upgrading their phones, my HTC Desire 600 Dual SIM is not listed for an upgrade even though the phone is hardly a year old. i have been buying HTC phones since the Windows Mobile years (probably 8 HTC phones so far), but now I am really annoyed about being left out of these upgrades. Sure, had I bought an HTC One, I would be fine, but I don't want a phone without memory card slot and the ability to exchange the battery.

I almost bought a Samsung phone, but then they introduced the region lock and that stopped me from buying that (does the region lock still exist).

So I will not be buying any HTC phones anymore, maybe Nexus or Samsung if they have fixed the region lock issue.