Lockscreen issue

• Replies:5
P.F.
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 4, 2014, 6:30:35 PM via Website

Good afternoon everybody just got the update to android 4.4.2 a few days ago on my Samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 wifi model and now when I play music and the lockscreen shows up the background has no album art just the song title and artist...want to have the album art in the backscreen please help

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 7, 2014, 10:07:47 AM via Website

P.F.

Good afternoon everybody just got the update to android 4.4.2 a few days ago on my Samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 wifi model and now when I play music and the lockscreen shows up the background has no album art just the song title and artist...want to have the album art in the backscreen please help

Hi P.F.

Sounds like a strange problem, but try following the steps below to wipe your cache and it may resolve the issue. (This won't delete any of your data so don't worry!)

• Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.
  • Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and use the Power button to confirm.
  • Use the power button to select Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3.

Let me know if this works :)

P.F.

Jul 7, 2014, 3:29:00 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

P.F.

Hi P.F.

Sounds like a strange problem, but try following the steps below to wipe your cache and it may resolve the issue. (This won't delete any of your data so don't worry!)

• Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.
  • Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and use the Power button to confirm.
  • Use the power button to select Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3.

Let me know if this works :)

Thank you so much am going to try it out now

P.F.

Jul 7, 2014, 3:50:24 PM via Website

Unfortunately I still get the same lockscreen with no album art in it

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 7, 2014, 4:02:45 PM via Website

Hey P.F.

I was doing a little snooping around and you may have an app installed with fatures that will add features to your headphone buttons, which could be disabling your art work and possibly even your music conrols (though you didn't mention this). Do you have any such app installed on your device? Such as Droid Phone, Degauss, Headset Button Controller, ultmate headset controller etc.....?? If you do, uninstall it.

Let me know if this helped! :)

P.F.

Jul 7, 2014, 5:09:55 PM via Website

Thank you for your help, the only thing I have is Easy Voice Recorder...this started to happen after my recent upgrade to Android 4.4.2 unfortunately