Samsung Galaxy S3 — Need SMS help

• Replies:1
Ron Southern
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 7:24:58 PM via App

I have been using SMS Backup+ and it worked flawlessly until the kitkat update. I had to do a factory reset due to not getting any data signal after the update. I downloaded the app again and restored from my Gmail. When I opened my messages they were all blank. What can I use to restore from Gmail and get everything back? Also, where are messages stored on the S3?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 7, 2014, 11:28:21 AM via Website

Ron Southern

I have been using SMS Backup+ and it worked flawlessly until the kitkat update. I had to do a factory reset due to not getting any data signal after the update. I downloaded the app again and restored from my Gmail. When I opened my messages they were all blank. What can I use to restore from Gmail and get everything back? Also, where are messages stored on the S3?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Your SMS messages are stored in your device's internal memory, in a part of your phone which you cannot access unless you root your device. We have a root tutorial for the S3 in the forum already if you want to check it out:

https://www.nextpit.com/forum/561650/samsung-galaxy-s3-how-to-root-the-galaxy-s3-i9300-on-android-jelly-bean-4-1

As far as getting old SMS messages back, I don't really know enough about how SMS backup+ works I'm afraid :(