Samsung Galaxy S4 — S4 dies when using certain apps

• Replies:10
Gerda
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 8, 2014, 10:26:30 AM via Website

My Samsung S4's battery dies when I use apps or the internet, like Facebook or What's app, even though the battery is fully charged. I then first have to put my phone on a charger to be able to put the phone on again. What could be the problem?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 8, 2014, 10:50:21 AM via Website

hmm... that's weird ! It looks as if the culprit behind this issue is the battery, i would say try replacing the battery (it would be good if you are covered under the warranty). Ohoo.. yes I remembered a trick (lightbulb) remove your battery put it over the flat surface and try spinning it. If the battery spins freely then its definitely the battery as it may have swollen and it needs replacement.

Gerda

Jul 8, 2014, 10:53:55 AM via Website

Thanks, it's just so weird because my phone is only 7 months old, and it doesn't happen when I'm using the phone to make calls or otherwise. Is definitely still under warranty - just such an inconvenience to be without a phone for 2 weeks!!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 8, 2014, 11:02:07 AM via Website

Well, Gerda sometime some problems left unseen and I think you may have ..... Anyways I am glad that your device is covered under warranty. So, I don't think there's too much headache at all, rather than heading over to the nearest customer support.:) And yes I don't think they are going to keep your device for ... i think they will take the old battery out and put new one in place of it. :?

Alis Nikol
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 8, 2014, 1:26:54 PM via Website

The same problem coming with my mobile also, my battery is also good. And even sometime apps get crashed also. I am not able to recognize the problem yet. will you??

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 8, 2014, 2:15:00 PM via Website

I have been experiencing the same thing since I downloaded a samsung update. Battery is dead in3 hrs without even using it.

Gerda

Jul 8, 2014, 2:52:25 PM via Website

I went to my service provider in my lunch time, they told me that there is a certain batch of S4 phones that have an issue with the battery - the battery is not strong enough to handle all the apps. I now have to go to Samsung store for them to give my a new one at no cost. So this will be the next step, then I'll see how it goes from there on.

Gerda

Jul 9, 2014, 8:19:42 AM via Website

Hi, no only getting a new battery not a new phone - won't be so lucky. Anyway if it solves my problem I would probably feel like partying as the only thing I want to do at this stage is throw my phone through the nearest window!

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 9, 2014, 10:37:59 AM via Website

Gerda

if it solves my problem I would probably feel like partying as the only thing I want to do at this stage is throw my phone through the nearest window!

hahahah :D

Joan Yu
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 9, 2014, 11:30:48 AM via Website

Wish Gerda have a good luck!