How to promotion app in Google Play?

• Replies:89
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 2, 2014 4:07:40 PM via App

awingGame

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

So how to do can promotion it?

Any suggestion is appreciative, thanks!

• Forum posts: 32

Oct 3, 2014 7:12:44 AM via Website

awingGame

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

So how to do can promotion it?

Any suggestion is appreciative, thanks!

I am also in the same condition as you. Actually known to the user headaches. But I have an application with 40 000 users already. It is encouraging at this time.
It's here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dthmabu.iphone6wallpapper

• Forum posts: 54

Oct 3, 2014 12:09:49 PM via Website

Generic Field

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  • Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Thanks.
But I found it quite useless for asking some website to review.

Actually the website will be having frequent visitors who always looks for new games, so these websites would be a medium to reach those people.

• Forum posts: 2

Oct 3, 2014 1:28:01 PM via Website

I agree with others support of Karthick points. They are all valid points and really matter a lot.

• Forum posts: 12

Oct 8, 2014 12:48:54 PM via Website

If you have some money, you can use some advertasing network. Check it chartboost. You pay only for installs. If you release another application you can also use cross promotion mechanism (supported by chartboost for free).

• Forum posts: 7

Oct 10, 2014 9:08:05 AM via Website

Hello, Being a Search Engine Analyst there is only way to promote your application through E-Marketing you need to promote it trough blog marketing try to share it trough forms where many users will find your application.
us social media promotion for that it has a huge scope. OK .. So Best of luck..

Oct 13, 2014 4:16:53 PM via Website

You can promote it through Google+. I can help you to generate many "likes" there. We can discuss conditions in private messages

Oct 14, 2014 11:48:21 AM via Website

I try promote my App through Google+. but it looks nobody follow it. Mary Lee you know something that i don't know:)?

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 15, 2014 2:34:50 AM via Website

It sure isn't easy!
First get as many friends to download, G+, and rate the game as is possible. This tends to take a bit of time because... people are busy with their own lives! There are some Facebook groups and Google+ groups where you can exchange reviews with each other and promote your apps. These are pretty good but take time and you have to be cautious and ask for honest reviews, don't ask for 5 star reviews as that might be seen as manipulating the system.

G+'ing is VERY important as it really helps your ranking and when doing a regular Google search your app will come up more.

Next up is link building... this is even tougher! You need to get people to write reviews about your game and blog about it with links to the play store. All I can say about this is that you need a really good app that is newsworthy. If not you'll be begging a lot for very few reviews. Try aiming at the lesser known blogs and review sites. They won't get you very far, but it gives you more credibility and helps when you're asking others for blog reviews.
Search Google for "Gamasutra article on Google Doc for Indie Developer Help List"
I can't post a link yet...
That list is AWESOME!

Next up is to try some alternative markets. SlideMe, GetJar, Opera, and Android Pit have their own app markets. Even if you just get as many downloads from them as you do Google Play then you're getting somewhere.

Finally make sure that you have a press page all set up so that when people do want to review your game that the relevant info is right at their finger tips! check out dopresskit by Rami from Vlambeer.

That's about all I've got. None of it is easy. But keep at it. Work at getting FB and Twitter followers. Try to have fun with it!

Oct 15, 2014 11:18:55 AM via Website

Ahhhh. It looks that is much work to do...:) Thanks for sharing it..

• Forum posts: 54

Oct 15, 2014 8:28:29 PM via Website

Sleepywarrior

I agree with others support of Karthick points. They are all valid points and really matter a lot.

Thank you warrior.

Oct 20, 2014 1:16:56 PM via Website

Rampkin

I try promote my App through Google+. but it looks nobody follow it. Mary Lee you know something that i don't know:)?

We have program, which generate boost )

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 25, 2014 2:10:47 AM via Website

Actually we help developers to promote their apps in different stores (not just gPlay) around the world and increase efficiently the number of downloads.

Alternatively you can join external services!

• Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014 2:08:25 AM via Website

The other guy's post sounds kind of fishy (in a bad way) and not entirely honest.

Couple of things you could do:

1. Post about your game to all sorts of forums and websites (like this one for instance)
  2. Contact Youtube reviewers/ Let's Players and email them if they would cover your game.
  3. Contact a mobile games online journal/magazine and ask them to review your game.

Just get the word out about your game, and there should be more people downloading it.

Nov 6, 2014 1:22:21 PM via Website

Hi Jhon,
Do you offer pay per install,

If yes please share the prices.
Thanks.
Sami

• Forum posts: 14

Nov 21, 2014 11:01:02 PM via Website

Anyone tried adverting through Admob?

Dec 1, 2014 8:23:03 PM via Website

Exchange App Reviews is a great app in google play for getting free reviews.
I have used it for my game "Floppy Bird Duo" and it gave me great results!

Dec 11, 2014 5:16:15 PM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  • Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Hello Karthick,

Good suggestion, actually i need your service.

Please contact me

Dec 14, 2014 5:52:43 PM via Website

Hi lee, i would be grateful if you could send me some direct links to services that u used or anything else that would guide me.
thanks a lot

Dec 15, 2014 8:20:40 AM via Website

Hi lee, i would be grateful if you could send me some direct links to services that u used or anything else that would guide me.
thanks a lot