How to promotion app in Google Play?

• Replies:89
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 10, 2015 11:04:59 PM via Website

Hello Karthick,

Thanks for the useful post.

I'm interested in your marketing services, please send me pm. I tried to send you pm but did not go trought because I'm a new AndroidPit user.

Jan 12, 2015 11:36:09 AM via Website

From my experience:
- How app is listed in the store is important and makes the difference.
I made wrong descriptions and downloads decreased for weeks.
- Translation in many languages can help.
Russian and Portuguese, i.e.can give some extra download
- Patience is a must
Sometimes I feel that Google Play limits downloads, I have apps that have almost the same amount of new users everyday.
i.e. an app with 12.000 downloads always gives me 100 new user per day, another with 2.500 downloads gives 20 to 25 per day.

Note that app exchange is risky:
-Google notice if you have too many reviews
-Exchanging downloads increases number of new users, but most of time same users will uninstall app asap. Having a bad installs/uninstalls rate kills your visibility so the effect would be the opposite than you hope.

Also, AndroidPIT is a great alternative store that can help you, but also consider publishing app on 1Mobile so app can be visible in many countries where Google does not work or is not so popular.

• Forum posts: 4

Jan 12, 2015 12:02:18 PM via Website

You can promote your app in forums and Q/A sites. This will surely bring traffic to your site.

• Forum posts: 13

Jan 27, 2015 12:27:19 PM via Website

Try AAP - Android App Promotion app on playstore as they provide free download exchange services where you download an app and your app gets downloaded in return .You can see the results in daily reports and take appropriate measure while doing so .

(Admin edit: You are not allowed to promote your application over here)

— modified on Jan 27, 2015 3:14:46 PM by moderator

• Forum posts: 2

Jan 27, 2015 1:06:01 PM via Website

One other good way is to post it to sites like Reddit.

• Forum posts: 11

Feb 5, 2015 4:32:14 AM via Website

Right, I sent to few site ask for review. But no reply.
Maybe no money is hard to to that.

Generic Field

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  • Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Thanks.
But I found it quite useless for asking some website to review.

• Forum posts: 11

Feb 5, 2015 11:44:07 AM via Website

I don't know, sorry!

• Forum posts: 3

Feb 5, 2015 11:51:22 AM via Website

Good video is very important!

• Forum posts: 3

Feb 16, 2015 7:52:03 AM via Website

Hi,
Really good info i am also looking to promote my app.

Feb 21, 2015 9:56:46 PM via Website

please search on google play com.icicle.braindevs and share my app

Mar 4, 2015 4:47:48 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Have any suggestion on promoting our app in specific region.

Mar 21, 2015 6:44:21 AM via Website

I've also got a game Dodgeball Runner in the google play store, but I've got a few downloads and I See you've gained 1000 Downloads , since your post is almost a year old I'd like to know what you did

— modified on Mar 21, 2015 6:45:16 AM

Apr 1, 2015 5:38:25 PM via Website

awingGame

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

So how to do can promotion it?

Any suggestion is appreciative, thanks!

Its hard to get initial leads and get your App noticed. I got my App noticed through (This post was edited to remove external link, please refer to community guidelines to understand what's acceptable over here). And their service is free.:)

— modified on Apr 1, 2015 5:54:37 PM by moderator

• Forum posts: 54

Apr 1, 2015 11:21:11 PM via Website

Jaya Prakash

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Have any suggestion on promoting our app in specific region.

Sorry for the late reply, sure please let me know about your app, I shall try my max to workout the possible marketing regions and strategies to follow as well.

• Forum posts: 54

Apr 2, 2015 12:15:49 AM via Website

Bokaliza

I've also got a game Dodgeball Runner in the google play store, but I've got a few downloads and I See you've gained 1000 Downloads , since your post is almost a year old I'd like to know what you did

Are you asking about my game bokaliza?

Apr 5, 2015 9:50:50 PM via Website

Hi there. I know its hard for us to get our Apps noticed. But have you tried install4install.com? This service can help you get free installs, comments and ratings. I got around 100 installs and reviews in a span of a month. Try it, its awesome!

• Forum posts: 7

Apr 6, 2015 9:15:51 AM via Website

Hello,

If you have published your app just before 1 day, It will not visible or not be in your search result. Google will take 48 to 72 hours for visible on store.

You can follow this to promote your app :

1) Have a catchy Title that stands out from the rest. (Blog post)

2) Create an attractive (Sexy) icon that stands out from the rest. (Article 1) (Article 2)

3) Use relevant keyword to describe your app on the App Store. (ASO Tool)

4) App Size – Reducing the app size allows users on 3G to download with ease. (>50mb)

5) Reviews – Encourage users to review your app, as higher rating attracts users.

6) Free Apps – Attract more users compared to paid apps.

7) Promo Codes – If you have a paid app give away promo codes so users can try it out and tell their friends.

8) Submit your application to various app directories such as Appolocious.

9) Promote your app with a Facebook Page.

10) Promote your app with a Twitter Profile.

Thanks,

• Forum posts: 5

Apr 6, 2015 9:48:57 AM via Website

facebook is a great start post it on your wall ask your friends to do the same, create a facebook page for the app have friends "like" it then when there friends go on facebook they will see what pages friends have liked and this will help promote your app another way to do this is to create a QR code lots of sites out there do this just make one for it send it to everyone on your phone, if you have some funds make stickers of the bar code and just stick them in random places i no when i see a QR code i scan it just for shits and giggles

Jun 11, 2015 12:19:16 AM via Website

Hi,
You can give a try to install4install.com to promote your Fruits Array gameThey provide the best services for promoting app genuinely.You will get honest comments,ratings and installs.More the reviews,higher will be your game in Google Play Store.

Moreover you can post advertisements on Facebook/Google Adwords for your quick promotion.I tried these strategies for my app and it worked great.

Thanks.

— modified on Jun 11, 2015 12:24:26 AM

Jul 1, 2015 3:59:18 PM via Website

Hello if you want to promote your apps totally for FREE !!! do not hesitate and JOIN OUR COMMUNITY at freeappin.com , on freeappin.com you will also receive some feedback from users !