LG Optimus Speed — LG Optimus 2x - Won't turn on or enter recovery mode, fully charged

• Replies:3
Kristen Cochrane
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2014, 11:21:54 PM via Website

Hi all, I've never posted on a tech forum before so forgive the language.

I've had my LG Optimus 2x for a year and a half and yesterday the volume stopped working. I would turn it up and it would stay on silent. I decided to restart the phone. Whoops. It hasn't turned on since yesterday. If I plug it into my wall charger and turn it on, it comes up with the battery screen and charges, it is fully charged. I can press the power button and it goes to the LG logo, but it won't go past that, and it will stay on the logo until I take the battery out. I have pressed power + volume down and the droid comes on and it looks like its going to reset and then it just shuts off again. I have tried power + volume up and it comes up with: "Recovery mode: This mode is for data backup at service center, please remove battery and place in again and power on to continue using device." So I can't even enter recovery mode -.-

Not sure where to go from here... My device is not rooted, and I just want to get a hold of some stuff in my internal memory, not crucial like photos or contacts, just stuff I'd like to have. Also, it is not recognized by my computer.

Thanks!

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 22, 2014, 12:13:40 PM via Website

Hey Kristen,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your device. I'm not sure how you can fix this, my only suggestion is to try a factory reset.

However, you will lose the internal memory "stuff" that you want to keep!! :(

Sooo I don't know if you want to keep searching for another solution. The problem is, because you can't rely start your device up, I'm not sure what other solutions are possible :/

Anyway. To do a factory reset:

When the phone is turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume down keys at the same time (for over ten seconds)

This should automatically perform a factory reset.

Kristen Cochrane
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 23, 2014, 7:46:50 PM via Website

Hi Scott, as I said in my post, I can't do a factory reset. "I have pressed power + volume down and the droid comes on and it looks like its going to reset and then it just shuts off again."

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 25, 2014, 9:51:37 AM via Website

Ooooooh. Shoot. :(

Well then it appears that there is nothing more you can do from a software side of things, and the next step would be to attempt something internal, but it's not something I could offer any advice on.

Have you took it to your network/carriers store to see what they have to say?