512x512 high res icon required

• Replies:0
Aldi Kel
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 24, 2014, 7:02:00 AM via Website

Hello Folks,

I've recently finished up my first app and I'm itching to get it published and ready for the play store. I have managed to work out the majority of my kinks but one.

When I attempt to publish my app, this warning is all that keeps me from seeing this through:

512x512 high res icon required.

Here are Google's requirements:

High-res icon

To publish your Store Listing, a High-res icon is required. This icon is used in various locations on Google Play.
High-res icon requirements

32-bit PNG (with alpha)
Dimensions: 512px by 512px
Maximum file size: 1024KB

I'm fairly comfortable with Photoshop so I thought this would be a breeze but I've been hitting a brick wall for weeks. I've set my document to 8-bit and saved as PNG-24 w/ Alpha turned on (aka 32-bit PNG) as others have suggested, still no luck. I've tried 72 dpi and 300 dpi, still no luck. I've manually added an alpha channel in my channels window, zippo. I've saved both ways (save as and save for web), nada.

I've even downloaded the Eclipse icon in an attempt to reverse engineer that file to see if I checked off something or missed anything, couldn't see anything. Then finally I try to use the eclipse icon itself (I had every intention of switching it out immediately) but still no luck. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!