5 Tips to promote Apps and Games for free

• Replies:170
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 54

Sep 13, 2014 11:02:03 PM via Website

L C

Thank you for the info. There are literally hundreds of review sites, but what makes them want to review my app instead of others? Any determining factors (besides the quality of the app) that will get an app a higher chance of being reviewed?

The quality and the performance of the app make it to get reviewed as those are the main factors of an app.

• Forum posts: 23

Sep 17, 2014 8:31:28 AM via Website

Thanks for the tips!

It would be nice to have a little bit more specific tips (e.g. what sites are good, etc.).

• Forum posts: 1

Sep 22, 2014 12:55:13 AM via Website

Hi!

Great points :) Can you send more info? :) thanks Mod Edit: Do not post personal email address

— modified on Sep 27, 2014 7:13:45 PM by moderator

• Forum posts: 32

Oct 3, 2014 7:02:36 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Here are the 5 tips:

1. Blogging on Sites: Be generic and precise, but don't forget to add your link in that blog, ask your friends to reply to that blog eventually it may reach many.

2. Social Networking: This is very easy and the most influencing way to market. Post your Games, Apps and even blogs (promotional materials) you have created and Videos if any, about your game. But be cautioned do not spam in social media else you may get blocked.

3. Forum Posting: One of the organic and traditional marketing is forum posting. Post your promotional materials in forums and discussions. Again do not spam in the forum as it may irritate the users and may lead to negative review.

4. Video Marketing: Create a video about your App or Game and make a Youtube channel. Promoting this video creates a vision within users and may last long within them.

5. Review Sites: It is also important for others to review your game. The review sites will be best suiting for reviewing your game, there are both free and paid reviews. Choose paid reviewing if you want the same.

There are nearly 500 websites which includes forum, paid and free review website which would be useful in marketing your Apps or Games.

Try these tips well and be careful by not overdoing stuff.

I am a marketing professional with over 6 years of experience should you have any clarifications please do let me know. If you want to know more about how your Games and Apps can be promoted please contact me.

Thank you.

I am Binh. I come from Vietnam. I'm developing some of its applications. This is my application. http://www.androidpit.com/developer/6738051/keokafe01

Can you give me advice to develop them? Thank you for this useful article. I wish you health and success

• Forum posts: 13

Oct 5, 2014 11:17:34 PM via Website

This was great... Thank you for sharing these great ideas

• Forum posts: 13

Oct 5, 2014 11:18:23 PM via Website

Great!!

• Forum posts: 17

Oct 11, 2014 6:35:00 PM via Website

Great tips indeed. But saying is more easier than doing. It's hard to promote apps now

Oct 13, 2014 12:22:54 PM via Website

I am promoting applications on social networking and blogging. Thanks for share this tips. Next time, I'll definitely implement these tips to promote my apps & games.

• Forum posts: 2

Oct 14, 2014 2:58:56 PM via Website

Thank you for sharing this great tips which will provide a great help for all the developers to promote their apps.

• Forum posts: 54

Oct 15, 2014 8:33:33 PM via Website

Thank you very much friends for your responses and I can help you to get your apps or games promoted. We shall discuss the conditions in private messages please.

Deactivated Account

Oct 18, 2014 10:50:24 PM via Website

Great tips. Thanks for sharing!

• Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014 1:13:00 AM via Website

Definitely helpful, thanks! Though video marketing relies on a lot of things. If it's a trailer, then it will have some popularity if it's good. But if you're trying to make something more out of it (like RvB with Halo or something like that), then it already has to be a popular game for the video to be popular.

Nov 6, 2014 9:10:48 AM via Website

thank you for sharing, Karthick~~what are those 500 websites?

Nov 13, 2014 3:31:06 AM via Website

Great points. If any popular forums or blog shared here would be very much appreciated.(hug)

• Forum posts: 11

Nov 17, 2014 5:12:34 PM via Website

There are some free ad-exchange networks out there. AdDuplex for windows phone for example. Not sure about iOS / Android. Basically for each impression you serve, you get an impression in someone else's app of your app.

• Forum posts: 6

Nov 19, 2014 4:50:45 AM via Website

I'm a new user on the forum..

I will be very interested to have website list.

Thank you!