Want to integrate third party website into my app

• Replies:4
manu kole
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 30, 2014, 7:39:42 PM via Website

I want to make an app which takes the user to third party website when they click on some option.
For eg during hotel reservation,the user goes to third party website using the app.
I want to know if i need the third party website permission.Is it legal?

— modified on Jul 30, 2014, 7:40:44 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 31, 2014, 7:47:20 AM via Website

Well, I can't confirm this but I guess you will be going to require website permission ! Anyway I would say try waiting a bit more while I am sure some other members may correct or confirm me on this ! (thinking) Till then I'll try digging out something more on this !

manu kole
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 31, 2014, 12:43:58 PM via Website

thanks john
im waiting

Dhruv Patel
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 3, 2014, 8:09:15 AM via Website

I think, you don't want any permission for linking.

Because website termed as publicly manged information of any company or individuals...link to any website don't violate any websites policy, just use their resources without permissions violates it's coyrights

Apps Master Builder
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 4:48:29 PM via Website

Hi! Based on my own experience, currently Google new Terms & Policy, they don not allow any linking to any webpage that you do not owned. If you would like to do so, most probably you will have to get permission first and inform Google on this permission before even publishing your apps as you know Google will suspend your apps without notice and just give a standard email saying your accounts is suspended due to their Terms & Condition.

You could also be an affiliates to hotel reservation website but unfortunate under the new Google Terms & conditions also, they put up an email saying something like this... " although Google acknowledge that affiliates links are legal but under their new Terms & Condition, they do not allow any affiliates link to third party website.

Anyway, if others have their own other experiences, please do share with us here. I was earning very good comission from one of the hotel affiliates I joined before, but my apps has been suspended by Google recently.