Need some help out here with WhatsApp is acting weird?

• Replies:15
  • ClosedAnswered
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 31, 2014, 10:56:40 AM via Website

Well, I have started getting this really weird issue with my WhatsApp :( now and can't figure out what's needed to be done! So the problem is when I try sending pictures to my sister a popup appears telling that "Failed Out of Memory Please try later" I wonder what makes it saying this again and again I have tried clearing the cache and the data. Removed the WhatsApp installed it again but that doesn't seemed to be helping me out ! :?

I normally answer question over the AndroidPit but now I guess this is the correct time to ask my own question over here @Loie, @Kris, @Scott, @mobile crackers, @Mary , members really need your help over here. I really need your help over here :'(! I have attached an screenshot of it !

— modified on Jul 31, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jul 31, 2014, 11:03:06 AM via Website

John F.

Well, I have started getting this really weird issue with my WhatsApp :( now and can't figure out what's needed to be done! So the problem is when I try sending pictures to my sister a popup appears telling that "Failed Out of Memory Please try later" I wonder what makes it saying this again and again I have tried clearing the cache and the data. Removed the WhatsApp installed it again but that doesn't seemed to be helping me out ! :?

I normally answer question over the AndroidPit but now I guess this is the correct time to ask my own question over here @Loie, @Kris, @Scott, @mobile crackers, @Mary , members really need your help over here. I really need your help over here :'(! I have attached an screenshot of it !

![image][1]

[1]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/5593820/image/Screenshot_2014-07-31-14-13-20-1406797039730.jpg

Try removing 1/3 pictures from whats app folder
move or rename the media folder and try again.

— modified on Jul 31, 2014, 11:03:45 AM

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account

Jul 31, 2014, 12:00:08 PM via Website

John F.

@Mobile crackers weird but that doesn't seemed to fix my issue still getting the same error ! :'(

try these

un-mound the sd card and insert it back
clear whatsapp cache.
try different memory cards

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin

Jul 31, 2014, 12:35:39 PM via Website

@crackers I don't think un-mounting the SD card is going to help me out because the data of my Whats app is in the internal memory ! And I have already tried cleaning up the WhatsApp cache as well as the data :( It seems to be sending images downloaded from the Google and other sources but this problem is occurred when I click images using my device and it just can't be ... :'( what am I going to do !

— modified on Jul 31, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

Deactivated Account

Jul 31, 2014, 3:26:50 PM via Website

John F.

@crackers I don't think un-mounting the SD card is going to help me out because the data of my Whats app is in the internal memory ! And I have already tried cleaning up the WhatsApp cache as well as the data :( It seems to be sending images downloaded from the Google and other sources but this problem is occurred when I click images using my device and it just can't be ... :'( what am I going to do !

try re-install whatsapp
i ran out of ideas.

— modified on Jul 31, 2014, 3:27:06 PM

Ready To Help You.

Chooks
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 5, 2014, 5:20:15 AM via App

hi..try clearing the cache of the gallery or any other image viewing app..cleanmaster app does a good job or else install vitamins for samsung mobile app..problem could be due to the thumbnails generated which is not wiped when images are deleted..taking up memory..when you next open the viewing app it will generate a new set of thumbnails. .

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 5, 2014, 7:35:43 AM via Website

Chooks

hi..try clearing the cache of the gallery or any other image viewing app..cleanmaster app does a good job or else install vitamins for samsung mobile app..problem could be due to the thumbnails generated which is not wiped when images are deleted..taking up memory..when you next open the viewing app it will generate a new set of thumbnails. .

Hey @Chooks I know this going to sound weird but after I clear the cache of the gallery application,everything seems started working back normally (cool) The problem with whatsapp has driven me crazy I have tried almost all the possible solution I can though of but there seems to be nothing which can help me out I have even mailed the whatsapp team about this bug. But it looks like clearing the cache of the Gallery application has solved this issue ! (hug) Yes I got the solution... :D

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Aug 5, 2014, 8:10:22 AM via Website

John F.

Chooks

Hey @Chooks I know this going to sound weird but after I clear the cache of the gallery application,everything seems started working back normally (cool) The problem with whatsapp has driven me crazy I have tried almost all the possible solution I can though of but there seems to be nothing which can help me out I have even mailed the whatsapp team about this bug. But it looks like clearing the cache of the Gallery application has solved this issue ! (hug) Yes I got the solution... :D

good to hear its working.

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 5, 2014, 8:21:16 AM via Website

@mobile crackers yeah that weird but such a sweet little trick has fixed my problem ! I would say there might be several other users who are experiencing the same problem and they can fix this issue just by cleaning up the cache and the data stored by the gallery. :)

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Aug 5, 2014, 8:39:28 AM via Website

make an blog entry or thread

Ready To Help You.

Chooks

Aug 5, 2014, 9:55:29 AM via App

@John- so glad to know it helped! Had a few friends who encountered similar issues. When i used Cleanmaster it showed almost 1.1GB in "junk"! Biggest share went to gallery thumbnails..every set that had memory issues had this problem..users of devices with only 8GB on board will be the ones to have this problem sooner than others..duh..cheers!

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 5, 2014, 10:11:29 AM via Website

@Chooks no..no..:O I haven't used any cleaner to clear the junk files I have just cleared the cache and the data stored by the gallery by heading over to the(lightbulb) Settings>application manager> Gallery> Cleared the cache and the data that's it ! Everything has started working back fine :D

Chooks

Aug 5, 2014, 11:19:22 AM via App

@John..😊..yup.. there's absolute no need to use any app to clear the space..but what i meant was that it was when I was using third party app that I discovered gallery thumbnails was one main causal factor..anyway I think this trick works for most "out of memory" situations including when trying to install apps (tested before).

abbas
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 27, 2014, 1:33:43 PM via Website

Hi. It seems you're on your program you have used another program may be expensed or recording calls, I have encountered this problem with me when I used the program recording calls and remove.