Making my Galaxy Tab 3 'discoverable' to my Network

• Replies:5
Denise G Bennett
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 7, 2014, 4:09:41 PM via Website

My Tablet has no difficulty in accessing the Internet via my BTHub 5 Router.

However my Network, which consists of a PC, a laptop computer and 2 printers, does not recognize the Galaxy Tab3. Is this for the reason that I need to make the Tablet 'discoverable' to the Network.?
I have searched through the settings pages and cannot find an obvious reference.

NB I have the Bluetooth facility on the Tablet disabled but I cannot believe that can be significant.

Am I correct in assuming that if the Tablet can be 'discovered' by the Network, that it should be possible to utilize the printers on the Network.

Any suggestions to solve this problem would be gratefully received.

Denise Bennett

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 14, 2014, 11:33:28 AM via Website

Well, that's weird I would say if the other devices i.e Laptop and printers are connecting then Tab should also be recognised. Anyway I would say I lack technicality when it comes with router settings try heading over to the router settings and see Number of devices allowed to connect is set to maximum I would say better would be resetting the router settings to see if that fix the problem up. :?

Denise G Bennett

Aug 15, 2014, 12:19:35 AM via Website

Thank you for the comment.
I have previously reset the router without result.

I have read on another forum that this symptom can result from a router having a facility ' wireless isolation' enabled.

My router is a BTHub 5, but I cannot find such a setting. I shall now contact BT who may have a view on the subject.

Regards,

Denise Bennett

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 15, 2014, 5:10:29 AM via Website

Well @Denise I guess contacting the support would be the best option to move forward with as in this way you would get more to the point solution. (cool) Wireless isolation could also be the reason, (thinking).

— modified on Aug 15, 2014, 5:11:29 AM

Denise G Bennett

Aug 15, 2014, 9:56:34 PM via Website

Hi,

BT the router provider, insists that there is no function entitled 'wireless isolation' available on the BTHub5. The Router has a 'Hub Manager' which shows all items seen by the Hub, and it clearly shows my ethernet connected PC, a laptop, a wireless printer and the android tablet.

BT also insists that, since the Tablet communicates faultlessly with the Router, the inability of the Tablet to see other items on the network has to be a Tablet problem.

Any further suggestions to save my sanity would be welcomed.

Denise Bennett

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 16, 2014, 7:47:05 AM via Website

Well, that seems to be a problem I :( would say why don't you try comnectnig your tab with some other router. If the same problem persist with other network them I guess we can be sure that its faulty tab otherwise ... (thinking) let me think for a while !