What price would you pay for a bezel-less smartphone?

• Replies:1
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Aug 18, 2014, 5:24:25 PM via Website

With the news that Japanese manufacturer Sharp are producing a smartphone with virtually non-existent bezels, the AQUOS Crystal, I want to know what price would you be willing to pay for a frame-less smartphone. The reason I ask is that thinner bezels tend to mean a smartphone screen is more easily broken. What do you think? Is anybody interested in the AQUOS Crystal design?

— modified on Aug 18, 2014, 5:38:13 PM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 19, 2014, 6:57:27 PM via Website

It's an interesting question: I personally wouldn't have considered a Sharp before this. But that thing looks pretty unique.

Tiny bezels do mean easier screen breakage - that's why the LG G3 doesn't have smaller bezels, because it failed LG's internal drop tests - but everyone seems to want side-to-side screen. Personally, I can live with at least a little bezel, at least until Android better implements the anti-palm touch thing that Apple did years ago.

Sure, no bezels looks nice, but with increased screen breakage risk and accidental touches its not that important to me. And I probably still wouldn't buy a Sharp just to get those bezels. Even at that price.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting