Firmware Update Issue

• Replies:3
David Chan
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 4:55:08 AM via Website

So I was wondering, is there any possible way to restore a Samsung Galaxy S3 model SGH-T999? Was trying to update phone via cable and laptop but some issue came up and now my phone is stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again" For my Kies program though, it's not picking up my Galaxy S3. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 29, 2014, 7:01:38 AM via Website

David Chan

So I was wondering, is there any possible way to restore a Samsung Galaxy S3 model SGH-T999? Was trying to update phone via cable and laptop but some issue came up and now my phone is stuck on the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again" For my Kies program though, it's not picking up my Galaxy S3. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

1. Now make sure you’ve installed Samsung Kies on your PC.
  2. Pull-out Battery from your device and note down your S/N no or Serial Number of your device.
  3. Connect your device to PC.
  4. Now launch Samsung Kies and go to Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
  5. Now enter your device S/N or serial number you have noted earlier.
    6.Now Kies will Prepare for Firmware upgrade for your device, just hit the ok option. After then Kies will start downloading the firmware upgrade components for your device. And it can take time, depending on your internet speed as well PC.
    7.Now follow instructions as stated on the below image and then click on the START UPGRADE
    8.After, it will start downloading the Firmware files for your device, as I said earlier, it will take time, depending on your PC and Network Speed.
    9.When your device firmware is reinstalled, you’ll see the following message on your screen.

Ready To Help You.

Salomon
  • Forum posts: 26

Aug 30, 2014, 2:13:35 PM via Website

mobile crackers

David Chan

1. Now make sure you’ve installed Samsung Kies on your PC.
  2. Pull-out Battery from your device and note down your S/N no or Serial Number of your device.
  3. Connect your device to PC.
  4. Now launch Samsung Kies and go to Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
  5. Now enter your device S/N or serial number you have noted earlier.
    6.Now Kies will Prepare for Firmware upgrade for your device, just hit the ok option. After then Kies will start downloading the firmware upgrade components for your device. And it can take time, depending on your internet speed as well PC.
    7.Now follow instructions as stated on the below image and then click on the START UPGRADE
    8.After, it will start downloading the Firmware files for your device, as I said earlier, it will take time, depending on your PC and Network Speed.
    9.When your device firmware is reinstalled, you’ll see the following message on your screen.

Hi, I hope that you talk about a general update for all devices and not only gal. S3. I have gal. S 4 . My question is: is this the same way to upgrade from kitkat 4.4.2 to 4.4.3.And can I uppgrade with Kies if my phone is rooted? I have rooted s4 but stock rom. Thanks in advance

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 30, 2014, 2:42:49 PM via Website

Salomon

Hi, I hope that you talk about a general update for all devices and not only gal. S3. I have gal. S 4 . My question is: is this the same way to upgrade from kitkat 4.4.2 to 4.4.3.And can I uppgrade with Kies if my phone is rooted? I have rooted s4 but stock rom. Thanks in advance

yes you can update your rooted phone with kies or download the latest firmware and flash it with odin .

Ready To Help You.