What does Samsung need to do to win fans back?

• Replies:29
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 27, 2014 5:59:51 PM via Website

There are some improvements I would like to see, but Samsung does not need to win me back. I'm happy with the phone I have. As others have mentioned the length of time it takes to get an update is too long. Also, they bundle too much useless software that you can't get rid of unless you root the phone which I've had trouble doing. Finally, I suspect that any long time Samsung user quickly learns TouchWiz is a terrible interface. I have switched to Nova and have never looked back.

The plastic case does not bother me as it makes the phone lighter and I use a rubber protector anyway. In addition, I like the camera and have found no need to look for a replacement app. I think with a few tweaks and continued innovation Samsung can continue to compete with the other top of the line phones.

Dec 29, 2014 10:44:47 PM via Website

I listen to my S5 FM radio often...keep looking, its there.

• Forum posts: 2

Jan 5, 2015 2:42:58 AM via Website

My sister in law unknowingly bought an S4 i9505 1 T Mobile for my brother. It won't update becsuse it has been modified. I did a hatd reset & it has android little logo guy and says it's downloading don't turn off target. How long does the download take? If it can't be fixed to work here for T-MOBILE in the US can it be resold to try to recoup some loss

• Forum posts: 39

Jan 5, 2015 5:43:32 AM via Website

i think they must stick with their basics i think they are trying to over do everything.

• Forum posts: 50

Jan 5, 2015 8:11:17 AM via App

sticking to the basics was their biggest problem. the S5 was essentially the S4 with a finger print scanner and no one was impressed. If they want to improve, they need to be more innovative.

• Forum posts: 39

Jan 7, 2015 5:48:14 AM via Website

could not agree more with your view but they gotta make their basic right you know they are trying too much and trying to bring so many things within one which is not good that would spoil an entire thing.

Jan 7, 2015 4:30:13 PM via Website

Pure and simple...front facing speakers!

Feb 18, 2015 7:08:49 PM via Website

I have been a long-time fan of Samsung... and still am. I love my Galaxy S5! It love it's battery life, I love that it's water resistant, I love how fast it is, and I love the features like Blocking Mode, Ultra Power Saving mode, download booster, and I actually use the health features as well. The sound quality also decent. Best smart phone I have owned so far...

I've heard some people express disappointment that Samsung might be moving away from expandable SD card storage and removable batteries. I'm not crazy about this decision either; however, if you asked me how often I change out the SD card in my phone, I'd have to honestly say never. Same is true with the battery at this point. Though I have replaced defective batteries in older Samsung models. In the one case, it was because the phone got wet and destroyed the battery. If Samsung makes the 6 waterproof, then I would suspect the battery issue would be less of a concern. There are also cases available for the phone that have a battery built-in the case, which accomplishes the same thing without needing to touch the phone's battery and with chargers providing much more rapid charging than in years past, I can't see this being a big deal. I just always thought it was cool that you at least had the option with Samsung, where you didn't with Apple.

Call me old-fashioned here, but I really miss the phones having FM transmitter's in them. I know almost everything is Bluetooth these days, however, there are many situations where the old FM transmitter would still be quite awesome. For example, riding in a car that is not equipped with a Bluetooth radio. This actually happens a lot still. It would be cool to still listen to my phone's playlist through the car's FM stereo in those cases. I know there are devices that can be purchased to compensate, but I don't want to have to plug in a bunch of other crap, I just want to use my awesome phone that does everything! I really miss the FM transmitter and it seems like it would be so simple to bring it back.

There's my 3 cents. Thanks for the post question Scott! :)

Feb 23, 2015 1:19:15 PM via Website

They are going to produce the F*king series soon, F Series gonna f*k every single user of Apple's products.

• Forum posts: 16

Feb 28, 2016 10:57:42 PM via Website

Hey Scott. In my personal opinion, they need to go back and take a lesson from the success of their own Galaxy S3. That phone revolutionized the industry (for Samsung anyway) and it's also the one "smart" phone that won me over. Since then their phones -while indeed getting bigger, faster and aesthetically pleasing-have lost a lot of steam among consumers. Mainly it just seems to be the 'same phone' in a different package.