Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 — hello, can you connect a galaxy 10.1 into a tv using a usb

• Replies:4
Charlie Smith
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 31, 2014, 1:10:04 PM via Website

Hello folks,
Can you connect a galaxy 10.1 into a tv hdmi socket using the charging connector which has a usb on the input that plugs into the charging unit? Dont want to try it in case of damage. Tks.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 31, 2014, 4:13:17 PM via App

Charlie Smith

Hello folks,
Can you connect a galaxy 10.1 into a tv hdmi socket using the charging connector which has a usb on the input that plugs into the charging unit? Dont want to try it in case of damage. Tks.

well, I am not going to lie (thinking) but I haven't tried that yet, infact I never ran onto such situation as I use chromecast to..... :D I don't (thinking) think its going to do any damage as power isn't that .... i would say move ahead and try this one out ! :D but if you want to stay on safe side then better wait a bit more while for other members to respond. ;)

— modified on Sep 1, 2014, 1:31:43 PM

Charlie Smith

Sep 1, 2014, 12:07:41 PM via Website

John F.

Charlie Smith

Hello folks,

well, I am not going to lie (thinking) but I haven't tried that yet, infact I never ran onto such situation as I use chromecast to..... :D I don't (thinking) think its going to do any damage as power isn't that .... i would say move ahead and try this one out ! :D but if you want to stay on safe side then better wait a bit more while for other members to respond. ;)

many thanx..think I.ll wait for possible input from other members. Had a feeling someone may have done this.rgds.

— modified on Sep 1, 2014, 1:32:47 PM by moderator

Gary Webb
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 1, 2014, 3:16:44 PM via Website

Hi Charlie

Ihave never tried but I suspect you wan to connect to your tv to watch movies etc
I downloaded an app called FLIPPS HD and it conected to my tv without having to connect my usb charger

hope this helps
G

Charlie Smith

Sep 1, 2014, 4:47:06 PM via Website

Hi Gary,
Thanx for that info. Did FLIPPS HD connect wirelessly? How does that interface? From yr tablet or PC?