NX505J Nubia Z7 MAX: root, CWM recovery and CM11 ROM tutorial

• Replies:190
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014 8:14:26 PM via Website

Have you tried vol up + vol down + power all together at the same time?

I tried it before. My Nubia Z7 max had no answer, no chance to charge. That combination for 10-20 seconds rebooted my mobile.

Good luck!

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 4, 2014 12:46:44 PM via Website

Hi I hope you can help me.... I have Niubia Z7 Mini which was rooted by the chinese seller before shipping to me.. I currently have V1.42 on there and it will not allow me to upgrade to the latest software as the phone is rooted.

Can you tell me how to completely remove root so I can upgrade to the latest software and then I will be able to root my phone again to add GAPPS.

I have tried the 'FULL UNROOT' option in Superuser but it makes no difference

Thanks in advance
Haroon

Nov 4, 2014 2:53:04 PM via Website

"Hi I hope you can help me.... I have Niubia Z7 Mini which was rooted by the chinese seller before shipping to me.. I currently have V1.42 on there and it will not allow me to upgrade to the latest software as the phone is rooted.

Can you tell me how to completely remove root so I can upgrade to the latest software and then I will be able to root my phone again to add GAPPS.

I have tried the 'FULL UNROOT' option in Superuser but it makes no difference

Thanks in advance
Haroon"

Download this file: pan.baidu.com/s/1kyEhK

Password: qe3s

Copy this file to root of your sd card! Settings/About phone/System updates/Update by disk

— modified on Nov 4, 2014 2:53:53 PM

• Forum posts: 70

Nov 5, 2014 12:21:42 PM via Website

Hello everyone, I've been away for a while because of work.

Now I'm back, for this week at least, and I'm soon adding CM11 IV Edition to the download link.
This release has some bug fixes and sports the latest CM11 version.
I'm testing it before uploading.

— modified on Nov 5, 2014 12:31:42 PM

Nov 5, 2014 12:29:50 PM via Website

Ja D.

Hi everyone,
I use CM11 for a couple of days and really appreciate it. However, I have a bad issue: I can't move apps to my SD card. More precisely, if I reboot the phone, every application looks as not installed. Don't know what to do. Any clue?

This is weird, I do not have this issue and I moved many apps from internal to MicroSD.
I do have another issue with MicroSD but it's not related, I can only access the internal memory through a PC. Hopefully the new release fixes this.

— modified on Nov 5, 2014 12:30:50 PM

Nov 5, 2014 12:35:36 PM via Website

Valence Little

CALLING ANYONE WHO HAS SUCCESSFULLY rooted, upgraded ROM and got google apps on their Z7 MAX, please HELP me!! I am happy to have a Skype call, screenshots of the steps etc. Thanks

What is your issue exactly?

• Forum posts: 8

Nov 5, 2014 1:38:49 PM via Website

Lazsosz Lazsosz

I tried it before. My Nubia Z7 max had no answer, no chance to charge. That combination for 10-20 seconds rebooted my mobile.

Good luck!

My problem is really difficult to solve. I've tried holding the buttons vol up + vol down + power. No use. I tried to use this tuto: http: / / www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=843119. I can not insert a new port in QPST. Guess I'll have to give up, unfortunately stick with that brick. Could someone please help me?
Thank you.

• Forum posts: 11

Nov 5, 2014 3:48:59 PM via Website

Hi Senapus !
Nice to heard that we will have a new version :)
Could you please test on the edition IV if :
1. you can see the extsdcard on Windows when you connect your phone and active UMS
2. you can call a contact in the contact application by clicking on the number
3. If the Z7max go to vibrate mode without any action
4. if it possible to change the callbar to vertical slide

Thks in advance for your help

Nov 5, 2014 7:02:21 PM via Website

cedric

Hi Senapus !
Nice to heard that we will have a new version :)
Could you please test on the edition IV if :
1. you can see the extsdcard on Windows when you connect your phone and active UMS
2. you can call a contact in the contact application by clicking on the number
3. If the Z7max go to vibrate mode without any action
4. if it possible to change the callbar to vertical slide

Thks in advance for your help

Flashing tomorrow and uploading the day after tomorrow.

But point 2 already works on III edition
Point 3 does not happen in III edition, to me at least
I do not understand point 4 but I will definitely check point 1 although I believe it's a deeper issue than it seems. On my device MicroSD can not be accessed from PC even by the mounting options in CWM recovery. It probably is my device's fault though.

Nov 5, 2014 7:43:51 PM via Website

Kis Maike Carvalho

Lazsosz Lazsosz

Good luck!

My problem is really difficult to solve. I've tried holding the buttons vol up + vol down + power. No use. I tried to use this tuto: http: / / www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=843119. I can not insert a new port in QPST. Guess I'll have to give up, unfortunately stick with that brick. Could someone please help me?
Thank you.

If you can not get in Android, you should first check if you can get inside the recovery.
To get inside the recovery, switch the phone off keeping the power button pressed for 10 seconds, then switch it on pressing power button + volume up until the phone vibrates and the monitor turns on displaying the nubia logo.

If you can not get inside the recovery, then you have to boot to the bootloader. This mode is not something like the recovery or android, you get a screen permanently displaying the nubia logo and you can operate your phone using a computer.
To get inside the bootloader (fastboot) switch the phone off pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then power it on pressing power button + volume down until the phone displays the nubia logo.
At this point you should connect the phone to your PC and proceed with flashing a recovery image.

For more information about this process, please follow these steps.

If you can not get inside the fastboot menu, I am sorry but I can not help you.

• Forum posts: 8

Nov 5, 2014 7:57:11 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Kis Maike Carvalho

Lazsosz Lazsosz

Good luck!

Thank you.

If you can not get in Android, you should first check if you can get inside the recovery.
To get inside the recovery, switch the phone off keeping the power button pressed for 10 seconds, then switch it on pressing power button + volume up until the phone vibrates and the monitor turns on displaying the nubia logo.

If you can not get inside the recovery, then you have to boot to the bootloader. This mode is not something like the recovery or android, you get a screen permanently displaying the nubia logo and you can operate your phone using a computer.
To get inside the bootloader (fastboot) switch the phone off pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then power it on pressing power button + volume down until the phone displays the nubia logo.
At this point you should connect the phone to your PC and proceed with flashing a recovery image.

[For more information about this process, please follow these steps.][1]

If you can not get inside the fastboot menu, I am sorry but I can not help you.

[1]: http://www.androidpit.com/forum/617128/nx505j-nubia-z7-max-root-cwm-recovery-and-cm11-rom-tutorial#2175619

The problem is just that, the screen will not turn on. I've tried several ways most can not make the phone light up the screen, ie looks dead. Only some signal when I connect it to the PC, which turns the light on the home button, then there is no longer any activity.

• Forum posts: 2

Nov 5, 2014 8:50:09 PM via Website

i have received on my rooted zet Nubia max with build number
nx505j_cncommon_v9.29

an update to v1.38

please can any body help me in steps update my phone with losing the languages and the root i have ....

or any help what i can do please

• Forum posts: 11

Nov 5, 2014 10:09:23 PM via Website

Hi,
Point 2 : I choose a contact in my list, enter in the contact details and click on the number ( for me nothing happened) I have juste the SMS icon which is working.
Point 3 : it seems to be solved, i remove dualsim ringstone ans configure the second sim
Point 4 : it's not an issue of this ROM it just an option because I have a cover with a vertical callbar !
New point : some scrollable widget are not working (ex :agenda widget)

Thanks in advance for your help

— modified on Nov 6, 2014 8:16:45 AM

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 7, 2014 2:19:37 PM via Website

@Sam, the Buildnumber 1.38 is EN and CN. The Buildnumber 9.xx is Multi. So you have 2 possibilitys.
1. You look to the newest v. 9.39 and this is Multi
or
2. You install from the Store morelocate2. Whit this app the Apps are in your Langueses. The Phone is English.

For Root look at the Site from the xdas. There is an Multi to Download ant the root with Root-tool 0805 declared.

forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/help-zte-nubia-z7-max-t2832760/page3

Nov 7, 2014 11:43:16 PM via Website

Caden Henry

Does this work on other Android devices?

No it does not, every single device has to have a specific kernel built for a custom ROM to work.
If you were to try to flash recovery or rom on a non compatible device you could most likely brick the device.

• Forum posts: 2

Nov 9, 2014 9:01:31 AM via Website

Congratulation for Great work.

I was having big issue for Encryption tried all the option but didnt help.
Finally flash with your Edition III Rom and every work as charm.
Eagerly waiting for IV Edition.
Any idea when can we expect Edition IV.

Br,

Nov 9, 2014 8:39:13 PM via Website

Wajid

Congratulation for Great work.

I was having big issue for Encryption tried all the option but didnt help.
Finally flash with your Edition III Rom and every work as charm.
Eagerly waiting for IV Edition.
Any idea when can we expect Edition IV.

Br,

Soon,

My ISP has screwed up so I can't upload anything right now.
Next week I guess

Nov 11, 2014 1:50:47 PM via Website

Hi - I am about to get the Nubia Z7 Max and I am keen to root to add in CWM and possibly CM11 version X. I am familiar with changing the recovery and ROMS etc but would really like to know how the features of CM11 compare with the Nubia stock ROM. I am getting this phone specifically because it is dual sim with a decent CPU etc.
Struggling to find the main differences with CM11 at the moment and how stable it is etc.
Thanks

Nov 12, 2014 9:55:05 AM via Website

RoccoUK

Hi - I am about to get the Nubia Z7 Max and I am keen to root to add in CWM and possibly CM11 version X. I am familiar with changing the recovery and ROMS etc but would really like to know how the features of CM11 compare with the Nubia stock ROM. I am getting this phone specifically because it is dual sim with a decent CPU etc.
Struggling to find the main differences with CM11 at the moment and how stable it is etc.
Thanks

You say you're familiar with changing ROM and recovery on devices but you're asking the difference between stock and CM. This makes me think you don't really know much about custom ROMs...
For all who are asking the same question, take a look here.

Version IV uploaded, it has many bug fixes. Always make a backup using CWM before flashing!

— modified on Nov 12, 2014 9:56:11 AM

Nov 12, 2014 10:46:57 AM via Website

Familiar with the process but only with manual updates to modified stock ROM's not the actual change to CM. At the time I could not get CM for my Jiayu phone which is now dead. Thanks for the link etc it looks like a good set of example images - it may be me but I can't find how this fully supports dual sim functionality though - can anyone advise?
Also, I presume this is specifically ported to the z7 Max so the hardware capactive buttons are used instead of the screen software buttons as shown in the image?
Many thanks in advance