NX505J Nubia Z7 MAX: root, CWM recovery and CM11 ROM tutorial

• Replies:190
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 12, 2014 1:44:27 PM via Website

please can any body help me getting 4g speed here in Israel

i am on custom 1.41 ROM nultilanguage rooted and i have 4g in my phone but i cant get the 4g sign i just get the H+ only
and the phone frequance support the company here
my phone provider is 012mobile

• Forum posts: 70

Nov 12, 2014 2:47:10 PM via Website

RoccoUK

Familiar with the process but only with manual updates to modified stock ROM's not the actual change to CM. At the time I could not get CM for my Jiayu phone which is now dead. Thanks for the link etc it looks like a good set of example images - it may be me but I can't find how this fully supports dual sim functionality though - can anyone advise?
Also, I presume this is specifically ported to the z7 Max so the hardware capactive buttons are used instead of the screen software buttons as shown in the image?
Many thanks in advance

Yes, it supports dual sim operation and uses hardware buttons.

Nov 12, 2014 2:49:28 PM via Website

sam

please can any body help me getting 4g speed here in Israel

i am on custom 1.41 ROM nultilanguage rooted and i have 4g in my phone but i cant get the 4g sign i just get the H+ only
and the phone frequance support the company here
my phone provider is 012mobile

Hello, you should ask to the person who made the custom ROM you have. We can't help you, your request if off topic.

• Forum posts: 11

Nov 12, 2014 3:52:06 PM via Website

Hi Senapus,

Do you see the extsdcard on windows ?
Could you please tell us which bugs has been solved ?

Thanks in advance

Nov 12, 2014 5:35:35 PM via Website

cedric

Hi Senapus,

Do you see the extsdcard on windows ?
Could you please tell us which bugs has been solved ?

Thanks in advance

Repo sync with latest CM11 source code, all CM11 features work.
The MicroSD issue is not related to CM11 but to the Kernel, as explained in the second post in this thread.
I recommend you to read the previous posts before asking questions that have already been answered.

— modified on Nov 12, 2014 6:09:12 PM

• Forum posts: 4

Nov 12, 2014 7:58:45 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

RoccoUK

Familiar with the process but only with manual updates to modified stock ROM's not the actual change to CM. At the time I could not get CM for my Jiayu phone which is now dead. Thanks for the link etc it looks like a good set of example images - it may be me but I can't find how this fully supports dual sim functionality though - can anyone advise?
Also, I presume this is specifically ported to the z7 Max so the hardware capactive buttons are used instead of the screen software buttons as shown in the image?
Many thanks in advance

Excellent thanks Senapus. Do you feel that there are any differences in battery life and do you know if CM gives more space for app install vs the standard stock of circa 2.5GB?
Thanks again

Nov 12, 2014 9:19:25 PM via Website

RoccoUK

Senapus Petit

RoccoUK

Many thanks in advance

Excellent thanks Senapus. Do you feel that there are any differences in battery life and do you know if CM gives more space for app install vs the standard stock of circa 2.5GB?
Thanks again

The reserved space is still 2.5GB but there is no limit to the memory available to install apps, you can choose to install them elsewhere.
Battery life is definitely longer, my phone lasts almost 3 full days with light usage.

Just download and try it. If you backup your phone using CWM you can just re-flash your old ROM with all the data you had prior to flashing CM11.

Nov 12, 2014 10:00:43 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

RoccoUK

Senapus Petit

RoccoUK

Many thanks in advance

Thanks again

The reserved space is still 2.5GB but there is no limit to the memory available to install apps, you can choose to install them elsewhere.
Battery life is definitely longer, my phone lasts almost 3 full days with light usage.

Just download and try it. If you backup your phone using CWM you can just re-flash your old ROM with all the data you had prior to flashing CM11.
Thanks a lot that was my next move. Cheers

Nov 13, 2014 5:37:34 AM via Website

xPlay

Hye, I would like to flash CWM recovery, but until now not succesful.

When I run "FlashCWM.bat", it says

waiting your device to be properly connected

but USB debugging shows connected

Thank in advance for your help.

I had the same problem. I ended up using Kingo Android Root (it automatically installed the necessary drivers and rooting was easy), then used the Rashr app to flash CWM.

Nov 14, 2014 10:55:57 AM via Website

Hi All,

Edition IV installed, I don't see any change and it's not the M10 version of CM11.
. some scrolable widget are not working (ex: calendar widget)
. In the contact list, nothing happened when you click on the telephone number
Same issues with the edition III nevertheless it's a stable and good ROM
Roll back to edition III
Thanks for this verison :)

Nov 14, 2014 11:00:44 AM via Website

cedric

Hi All,

Edition IV installed, I don't see any change and it's not the M10 version of CM11.
Roll back to edition III

As stated before, these issues you have can not be replicated on my device.
Scrollable widgets work and tapping on telephone numbers in contact list calls them.
I suggest you clean the device with factory reset, clear cache, dalvik cache, and system partition before flashing the ROM.

Nov 14, 2014 11:38:09 AM via Website

Senapus Petit

cedric

Hi All,

Roll back to edition III

Scrollable widgets work and tapping on telephone numbers in contact list calls them.
I suggest you clean the device with factory reset, clear cache, dalvik cache, and system partition before flashing the ROM.

Hi, Thanks for you quick reply. I do a wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache before the installation of edition IV.
How to flash the system partition ? there is no option in CMW

Nov 14, 2014 11:46:46 AM via Website

Sorry Sen, I find the option in mount-unmount options ! do you recommand to format /system only or /data and cache also ?

Nov 14, 2014 12:35:42 PM via Website

cedric

Sorry Sen, I find the option in mount-unmount options ! do you recommand to format /system only or /data and cache also ?

Same issues with option format (system,data and cache) / One bug find edition IV : the name of the first SIM is not working just "-1" with SFR F

I will wait the edition V with the latest option of CM11 M10 :)

Nov 14, 2014 2:04:58 PM via Website

Hi all,
Just received my Nubia Z7 Max and flashed with IV.
Good rom and stable. Thanks a lot.(cool)
One bug : when you add contacts in speed dial, numbers register back to front

Nov 14, 2014 2:10:24 PM via Website

cedric

cedric

Same issues with option format (system,data and cache) / One bug find edition IV : the name of the first SIM is not working just "-1" with SFR F

Hi Cédric,
Name of first SIM works well with FREE. Maybe check on APN config....

Nov 14, 2014 3:06:39 PM via Website

Kil Bin

cedric

cedric

Hi Cédric,
Name of first SIM works well with FREE. Maybe check on APN config....

Works with edition III with the same APN config

Nov 16, 2014 10:05:31 AM via Website

Hi,

The installation of IV works fine, but when I tried to encrypt the phone it stuck in the middle and prompt that Encryption fail format to proceed.
It didnt work, and keep getting stuck on every screen and then restart.
I tired to restore from Backup but same behavior. Flash back with 1.41 but no luck.

Some how back to version III, but still some time its keep restarting.
Any idea how to back the stable with version III rom.

Thanks in Advance...

Nov 17, 2014 5:48:13 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

cedric

Hi All,

Roll back to edition III

Same issues with Edition III: can't call from contact app. Searching from phone app force close. Plus: App2SD work fine... until reboot. After reboot all apps moved to sdcard are gone...
My coworker, who have the same devices, wait for the resolution of this issues for flashing ...
I will try your fourth edition next week end.

— modified on Nov 17, 2014 5:48:49 PM

Nov 17, 2014 8:11:03 PM via Website

Barikad

Senapus Petit

cedric

Hi All,

Roll back to edition III

Same issues with Edition III: can't call from contact app. Searching from phone app force close. Plus: App2SD work fine... until reboot. After reboot all apps moved to sdcard are gone...
My coworker, who have the same devices, wait for the resolution of this issues for flashing ...
I will try your fourth edition next week end.

Thank you,
It's weird, I don't have the contact issue but it was reported once before.
I guess I'll add it to the bug list in the first page.