Huawei Ascend P6 — P6 and Telcel in Mexico

• Replies:5
Jamile Smith
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 8, 2014, 10:05:20 PM via Website

Trying to use my P6 with telcel in Mexico. I can't access the internet. They told me it is because I didn't buy the phone in mexico. I don't believe them. What settings do I need to change for it to work?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 9, 2014, 6:07:51 AM via Website

Well, I don't think there's any problem with the buying of device over mexico. I think the problem is with the settings, firstly make sure that you can make or receive calls over your device or not ? If yes then I would say try calling your service provider seeking the AccessPoint settings you can head over to the Settings>Under Wireless and Network tap more settings>Mobile Network>AccessPoint Names. You can use it to create and configure the access point on your own I am sure if your service provider will feed you the settings you are looking for, just try telling then that you want to configure the APN settings manually over you P6. :)

Jamile Smith

Sep 9, 2014, 7:27:49 AM via Website

I took the phone in to telcel. They checked the APN settings. They said all the settings were correct. Then they asked me if I had purchased the phone in mexico. When I said no, they said that's why it doesn't work.
I don't see why that should be a problem. I can make calls and send texts. It is just internet that doesn't work.
BTW, this is the first time I've tried to access the internet via sim. I've always used WiFi. Maybe my phone is defective?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 9, 2014, 7:50:14 AM via Website

Well @Jamile I don't know actually where the problem is :? as I haven't ran onto situation like this before anyway I would say in that case better would be working your way out with the Wi-Fi network for a while until our community members has something to say about it ! (whew)

Jamile Smith

Sep 9, 2014, 3:53:25 PM via Website

I don't know how to check the bands supported by my P6. I thought it supported everything. :?