Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — Upgrading to KitKat

• Replies:7
Danny Friedman
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 10, 2014, 6:03:04 PM via Website

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have an S4 mini running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. i want to upgrade the firmware to KitKat, but the Kies site tells me that my firmware is up to date. And I can't find the UK / EE or T-Mobile KitKat download on the SamMobile site.

I'm fairly new to all this so any hints would be appreciated

Thanks

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Sep 10, 2014, 7:09:29 PM via Website

Danny Friedman

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have an S4 mini running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. i want to upgrade the firmware to KitKat, but the Kies site tells me that my firmware is up to date. And I can't find the UK / EE or T-Mobile KitKat download on the SamMobile site.

I'm fairly new to all this so any hints would be appreciated

Thanks

is your phone locked to a specific network) ? can you post the model number, country name and network provider you are using .

Ready To Help You.

Danny Friedman

Danny Friedman

Sep 11, 2014, 12:21:41 AM via Website

Hi

I'm signed up with what was T-Mobile and is now EE (UK). The model is GT-I9195. Country is UK. My ISP is Eclipse - a UK provider but the security on this site stops me giving a link

There are various other sets of numbers/letters that Samsung asked me to tap in to no effect, that I could provide. Let me know if you want them

Many thanks

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 11, 2014, 12:28:23 AM via Website

Hi Danny, I checked the EE forum and it's not been released yet. Vodafone had theirs in June but I've always found EE and Three to be really slow at releasing updates. They claim it's due to testing the new firmware and making sure it's secure...

Sinkster

Danny Friedman

Danny Friedman

Sep 11, 2014, 11:19:47 AM via Website

Hi Sinkster
Many thanks for checking this out - I guess I'll just keep watching the SamMobile site to see when it appears
Cheers, Danny

James Ford
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 11, 2014, 1:17:33 PM via Website

You could of course head over to the XDA forums in order to root your device and then install a custom kit kat build on your s4 mini....;)

Danny Friedman

MasterChat
  • Forum posts: 66

Sep 11, 2014, 4:35:14 PM via Website

Relative to Kitkat update. I can't seem to find it in my HTC One. My Android version is 4.4.3

Danny Friedman

Sep 11, 2014, 4:45:27 PM via Website

Yes, but I'm a bit of a technowimp and would probably end up wrecking it!
Cheers

Danny