WhatsApp - Cannot download or send media... Cannot send or recieve voice notes... Help!!!

• Replies:16
Mark Doherty
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 15, 2014, 12:03:50 AM via Website

Hi Community,

The subject title covers it all really. This issue has been driving me nuts for over 2 WEEKS!! Done the basics, unistalled, reinstalled etc, even restored my phone (LG G3) UK version. There is PLENTY of space on the device.

Contacted Whatsapp via email numerous times but keep getting the generic response which isnt helping my sanity.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

Peace

— modified on Sep 15, 2014, 12:23:34 AM

Sridhar “Dreamsri” SSahar Manouchehri

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 15, 2014, 6:44:11 AM via Website

Well, @Mark can you tell us a little more error you are getting while you tried sending or downloading the media file received over your whatsapp :? we usually suggest if you are encountering problem then you can try clearing up the cache and the data stored by the whatsapp by heading over to the application manager but I guess you have already uninstalled, reinstalled and already performed factory reset this removes the need of clearing the cache and the data stored. Any us know a little more and will see what we can do for you ! :)

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Sep 15, 2014, 11:56:43 AM via Website

According to me you have to try other android device, install whatsapp in device and try to send media, if its sand successfully so send the apk file in your device via Bluetooth, install this apk in your phone and now try.

Mark Doherty

Sep 15, 2014, 8:19:18 PM via Website

Hi John - yup, cleared cache etc, uninstalled and reinstalled.

The problem seemed to start after I received a replacement handset which I synced with LG PC Suite. After this I noticed that whatsapp pretty much failed to do anything apart from send / receive standard text messages. Perhaps I should've mentioned this earlier?

Any suggestions welcome and thanks for posting a reply (cool)

Mark Doherty

Sep 15, 2014, 8:21:25 PM via Website

Hi Herry,

Could you please break this down for a simpleton like me(danger) ... What would u suggest I do?

Thank you!

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Sep 16, 2014, 9:15:37 AM via Website

1. try another android device and install whatsapp on it.
  2. try to send media,see if it work properly or not.
  3. if yes, so send that apk file on your lg device via bluetooth.
  4. install that apk on your device, now try
  5. if still you facing an issue so you have to contact your nearest LG care.

Sahar Manouchehri
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 18, 2015, 7:30:46 PM via Website

Hi every one,
I have the same problem on my Samsung device, to whom said install it on another android device.
I can't send/receive photos via mobile data ( i haven't tried other media), just using wiFi. so Weird ! it's really driving me crazy!
i'd be so grateful if anyone could help me

Sridhar “Dreamsri” S

Nov 22, 2015, 8:21:53 AM via Website

HI Everyone,

I am too facing same issue, I use Samsung Grand 2. I have tried all below methods but still i cant get rid out this!! Can any one help me to get rid out.

1. Uninstalled WhatsApp and Again Installed 2 or 3 time but still no.
  2. Checked SDCard set weather readonly or not.And also other apps can download files but Why don't WhatsApp?
  3. Tried to Connect other faster network Wifi, 3G, 4G. But still nothing works.

Please anyone pull me out from this....

Thanks,

Sridhar

Araavind Sridhar

Nov 23, 2015, 3:11:44 PM via Website

Even I had the same problem. Install folder mount it would detect the problem and get rid of it.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 2, 2015, 5:16:14 AM via Website

Your phone's date and time are set incorrectly. Double check (and even triple check) that your phone has an active internet connection with a strong signal. Try loading a webpage to make sure. If you are certain that your phone is connected (try connecting to different Wi-Fi hotspots and/or 4G), keep reading.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Akash Batham

Dec 30, 2015, 12:39:24 PM via Website

I got your problem.
Try changing the apn settings of your phone.
You need to go in settings
Then more
Then mobile network
Then apn
Then try switching between two apn.

OR

You can call your operator to send you new settings for your mobile model this will surely do it right.

Hope it goes well....

Amany Baalash

Federico 0

Jan 11, 2016, 4:24:35 AM via Website

Hello, this works perfectly in samsung sIII rooted. I could not send or download media files using whatsapp... Thank you so much, this was driving me crazy! thanks

stellarshort
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 25, 2016, 7:31:45 AM via Website

There are lots of solution posted on the Google, as for this web, you can refer to: https://www.nextpit.com/help-i-have-a-problem-with-whatsapp-here-are-the-solutions. But before checking this guide, please confirm whether there is some troubles with your network and then, go on operation. On the other ways, there is also a similar troubleshooting help for WhatsApp on AndroidRecovery.net.

— modified on Mar 25, 2016, 7:34:21 AM

theravishing

Jul 2, 2016, 10:18:03 AM via Website

Hi.if you have problem in sending or recieving media files on whatsapp (only on wifi) than please check that any security software or settings been set by you or your broadband provider.. for example sky broadband provides SKY SHIELD. I had the same problem than i realised that i had set "sky shield" once when i turned that off. Everything is working. Cheers.

Amany Baalash

Dec 12, 2016, 7:37:42 PM via Website

Thanks for advice. Changing Access Point Network fixed my problem with downloading media files in whatsapp. And also it made me able to download messenger app. Thanks you solved my problems

Fiona Goodman

Apr 1, 2018, 2:59:30 PM via Website

**I've had this problem for weeks and I've tried everything suggested by others on various forums. Finally I have it working again. I deleted WhatsApp, downloaded total Commander (but you can use any file manager), searched for anything whatsapp (I had 1 directory that I couldn't delete) and renamed it... I renamed it fakewhatsapp.... I then reinstalled WhatsApp and it worked fine for me... Hope this helps. *

Rose

Apr 21, 2018, 11:47:09 AM via Website

I am facing a similar problem.

Not able to open whatsapp folder in file manager ,cannot delete or rename it either, cannot send and receive images and videos on whatsapp, cannot set status and see status , pretty much cannot do anything besides sending and receiving text msgs.

While sending an image error that I get is .. the file you picked is not an image
While downloading error is ... cannot download .

This is driving me crazy.

I tried cleaning cache, uninstall and reinstall whatsapp, go to safe mode and delete whatsapp folder, connected phone to PC and tried deleting whatsapp folder from there .. in normal and safe mode , but nothing at all helped and WAtsap folder was never deleted.

The problem arrived after I inserted a SD card in phone and by mistake selected , use as internal memory or something.... all my phone data was transferred to sd card , figured out it wasn't a wise choice for many reasons ,, migrated data back to phone memory.
I lost data from many apps in this process, but at least now those apps work fine , except for Whatsapp which is giving me a really hard time.