The new Moto G, Moto G (2014) or Moto G (2nd gen.) - what was wrong with Moto G2?!?

• Replies:0
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 22, 2014, 5:30:37 PM via Website

Now that we know the Moto G is called the ''new'' Moto G...whoops! I mean the Moto G (2nd gen.), I have to ask the question: what was wrong with calling it the Moto G2?

Moto G2 was the internal codename, everyone in the Android world had been calling it the Moto G2, but then Moto decides to reveal the new Moto G with the same name as the old Moto G. And then later drop the (2nd gen.) addition on their website.

Are they just messing with us?

It's all a bit confusing: we here at AndroidPIT are still calling it the Moto G (2014), Motorola's calling it the Moto G (2nd gen.) and everyone else is still calling it the Moto G2.

A while back I wrote about the ridiculous naming conventions in Android, but I never saw this coming: just continue to call it the same thing. Even the Moto X+1 was better than this mess.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting