Do you think other 6 inch phones will bend like the iPhone 6 Plus?

• Replies:4
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 26, 2014, 2:38:38 PM via Website

Apple has now learned a grave lesson with their first attempt of making a bigger phone than the company is used to:
If a phone is made of aluminium, thin it will easily bend if you apply enough force to it. How does this compare to the Galaxy Note 4?

The bigger the phone the easier to pend it, however if you try to bend the Galaxy Note 3, it will remain unharmed. For one, it's a thicker device, it's also made of plastic, which won't bend and if you put too much force on it, it will likely just crack instead.

So to put your minds at ease, Apple's phone has bent because of the choice of metal, which many initially though was better, but in the end, plastic might actually be the better material in the end!

My next question is: what about the Huawei Ascend Mate 7, which also has an aluminum chassis? Does it also run the same risk, considering it's also 6 inches?

David Lee
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 28, 2014, 4:44:11 AM via Website

This whole bending iPhone issue reminds me of a beer can. The scary part is if the whole phone bends, it also means the battery too bends with the casing. What happen to the quality test? Was apple so behind on the release date that they couldn't have the phone test it first?

— modified on Sep 28, 2014, 4:45:06 AM

jerry
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 28, 2014, 10:48:40 AM via Website

even though it can be bent ,but when i won't do that ,it seems
very fragile

Russell Wilson
  • Forum posts: 50

Sep 28, 2014, 4:05:11 PM via App

Iphone has made a big mistake with this, they took a material that could be easily manipulated to take any shape, and made I very thin phone with a large surface area. As long as other phones stay away from that, I don't think they will have a problem. It looks like samsung's plastic build isn't such a bad idea after all.

Menka K.
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 2, 2014, 10:59:15 AM via Website

In a recent stress test the iPhone 6 Plus took 90 pounds of force before bending permanently. On the other side, LG G3 and Note 3 back to form until they applied 130 pods and 150 pounds respectively. So it's obvious with a normal use, a bend in an iPhone or other similar devices is extremely rare.