What do you think of Android L?

• Replies:9
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Sep 29, 2014, 6:04:34 PM via Website

I'm just trying to gauge some thoughts on Android L/ Android 5.0. It looks like it's going to be released late in October or early November, and I was wondering how excited you guys are about it?

For me, and I know it's a pretty typical reaction of mine, it doesn't look like it's going to produce anything "amazing". I do like how the new interface looks (material design is snazzy) and I'm certainly not disappointed - but... I don't know. Maybe I'm not as excited about it as I should be :(

What do you guys think? Do I need to start getting excited?? :D

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 30, 2014, 11:07:45 AM via Website

It's still hard to tell. I've been using the L preview on and off for a while now and the design is definitely pleasing, plus the 'project volta' tweaking seems to be working (I'm getting an extra 1-2 hours on my N5 with normal use). The preview has had three updates so far which implies that Google are really putting some thought into it, so I suppose when it's finally released it could well be 'amazing'. I suppose it's due to the open source aspect of Android; there are so many features being devised by individual developers that make their way onto Google firmwares that there's nothing really new anymore. Heads-up notifications and the 3d recents have been on ParanoidAndroid Roms for a while, and there are already a plethora of lockscreen notification apps on the play store.

Sinkster

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 30, 2014, 12:52:35 PM via Website

Yeah like you say, I think independent developers can definitely bring something interesting to the table with the framework they have, so it will be cool seeing what they come up with!

MasterChat
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 1, 2014, 12:50:00 AM via Website

In simple language, are we talking about the upgrade of android version to 5.0?

Scott Adam Gordon

Oct 1, 2014, 9:37:04 AM via Website

MasterChat

Yup, many popular devices are going to be able to upgrade to the new software version in the coming months, and the features have already been pretty well documented. I was just wondering what the reaction was!

aRreyaNn
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 5, 2014, 2:02:20 AM via App

yup why not....😃

JMoore07
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 5, 2014, 11:20:08 PM via Website

I totally agree

MasterChat

Oct 6, 2014, 2:51:21 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

MasterChat

Yup, many popular devices are going to be able to upgrade to the new software version in the coming months, and the features have already been pretty well documented. I was just wondering what the reaction was!

I am not very interested either but find it necessary to do an upgrade. What I noticed from the last upgrade of my android version were the colors of messaging and multimedia changed.

Scott Adam Gordon

Oct 6, 2014, 6:41:43 PM via Website

MasterChat

Scott Adam Gordon

MasterChat

I am not very interested either but find it necessary to do an upgrade. What I noticed from the last upgrade of my android version were the colors of messaging and multimedia changed.

I'm sure lots of people feel this way. To those who aren't REALLY into smartphone software, it can be kind of hard to notice what has changed. I think this time around the difference looks to be more significant, but it will still probably boil down to "different colors and new icons" for most users :/

MasterChat

Oct 21, 2014, 4:46:24 PM via Website

I wish I could be one of the people who are really into smartphone software.