Recovering Deleted Text Messages

• Replies:16
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 5, 2014 11:12:43 PM via Website

I needed to recover lost/deleted (accidentally) text messages on my Android phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5, and I followed your steps directly from this link;

It mostly worked, however, I see that at the near-end of the process, you say "Use the recover button to either put the content back on your device or to store it on your computer for safe-keeping". Only, I can't seem to figure out how to put it back onto my device, which is what I wanted.

I only see the 'Recover' button on the bottom left corner of the program screen (WonderShare Dr. Fone for Android) and no other option but to click that, but when I click that button, the only choice I see is to save it to my computer.

I would really like those texts back on my phone as if I never made the mistake in the first place. Is there any way you can help me by telling me how to do that?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I actually created this account just to be able to ask you this because it's important to me. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Have a great day.

• Forum posts: 9

Mar 17, 2015 4:09:15 AM via Website

H-Data Photo Recovery can also help recover deleted text messages from android phone.

• Forum posts: 18

Mar 19, 2015 7:32:27 AM via Website

Tenorshar android data can easily recover the deleted text messages. You can have a try with it. Search on google or cnet.

— modified on Mar 19, 2015 8:36:16 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 18

Apr 14, 2015 8:53:58 AM via Website

Hi, Jaffer
Technologically speaking, there is no way to retrieve android text messages to your device by using these kinds of tools.

— modified on Apr 14, 2015 5:23:34 PM by moderator

• Forum posts: 5

Apr 21, 2015 8:56:06 AM via Website

I guess the guy up there already gave you the multiple choices, all of them worth a try. but I think Jihosoft is the one has most beautiful interface and the function they don't have. I have used like 4 different kinds of tool, none of them can detect my Motorola out, I am about to give up but when I tried the fifth tool, Jihosoft surprisingly detect my phone out. It almost got me cry.

really hope can help you.

— modified on Apr 24, 2015 3:46:08 AM

• Forum posts: 14

Aug 14, 2015 8:47:53 AM via Website

SMS Recovery seems good.
When you have installed it, enable USB debugging. Go to "Settings," then look in "Applications" or "Developer Tools."
Find "USB Debugging." Click on it to enable the feature.
Plug your Android phone into the USB cord. Connect the cord to your computer.
Open the SMS Recovery.
Click the "Start" or "Scan" buttons.
Look in the "Messages" section for your deleted texts.
Click on the deleted text, if you find it. Click the option to recover the file on your phone. Wait for the recovery process to complete.

• Forum posts: 14

Aug 21, 2015 7:09:50 AM via Website

This post is really helpful. Thanks!

• Forum posts: 16

Oct 13, 2015 4:23:26 AM via Website

Plenty of workarounds exist to recover, export, and print text messages from phone. Android SMS Recovery, for instance, leads LG users to print their SMS with only few steps. You don't need to rack your brains and painstakingly try to understand the complex steps. Just connect your phone, set to scan your files, and select what you need to recover. And then, done! You can recover deleted text messages effortlessly.

• Forum posts: 16

Oct 22, 2015 9:28:02 AM via Website

I think you should tenorshar android data

• Forum posts: 23

Oct 28, 2015 7:40:18 AM via Website

Good guide !

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 16, 2015 10:02:11 AM via Website

In fact, the deleted text messages are still stored in android phone . So long as messages did not overwritten . You can try some app software get data back.
Recover deleted text messages

— modified on Dec 16, 2015 10:02:45 AM

Jan 31, 2016 4:48:56 PM via Website

Interesting app! Looking forward to retrieved my deleted messages with this tool(cool)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 71

Feb 2, 2016 6:32:10 AM via Website

You can download some recovery tools for that. And they allow you to recover almost all data and media files .
I found this useful page, maybe you can have a look, recover deleted text messages.

— modified on Feb 3, 2016 2:42:18 AM

Jul 23, 2016 1:03:56 AM via Website

People have taken name of many app, i want to know a genuine app that can prove useful. If anyone have personally tried the app and it works just let me know that name.

• Forum posts: 22

Jul 26, 2016 8:08:45 AM via Website

This guide will help recover deleted text messages .Moreover, it can also help you recover many other types of Android phone data like photos and videos. The recovery steps are easy to master and operate.

— modified on Jul 26, 2016 8:10:00 AM

• Forum posts: 25

Oct 2, 2016 2:41:31 PM via Website

It is common that you would have experience of sms are accidentally deleted or unintended lost. As if the data hasn't been overwritten, there is still chance to retrieve the lost messages with data recovery software. Afterwards, turn to reliable and useful data recovery program. If you have no idea which program to choose, you can try Android Data Recovery, which is highly recommended, to help you retrieve deleted text messages from Android.

— modified on Oct 2, 2016 2:42:05 PM