Motorola Moto G — moto G RAM

• Replies:4
  • Answered
Mayank
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 12, 2014, 8:59:27 AM via App

my moto G has got only 882mb usable RAM but it's specification show 1gb. why there is such a difference and can i get full 1 GB as usable memory?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 12, 2014, 10:13:41 AM via Website

The less free RAM your phone has the better it's running, as Android cleans it up itself. If you had the full 1Gb of ram free it would mean no applications were running, not even the dialler app; basically it would be pointless. Unless you have several large applications running at the same time (say Google+, Facebook, and a couple of graphically intensive games) then it won't make the slightest difference if you have 200mb free or 800 mb free so don't worry about it. There are a few 'RAM cleaners' on the market but they're obsolete now; when phones had 512mb RAM or less and ran on older versions of Android then they did need help clearing inactive apps.

Sinkster

Mayank
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 13, 2014, 5:19:49 PM via App

sinkster

The less free RAM your phone has the better it's running, as Android cleans it up itself. If you had the full 1Gb of ram free it would mean no applications were running, not even the dialler app; basically it would be pointless. Unless you have several large applications running at the same time (say Google+, Facebook, and a couple of graphically intensive games) then it won't make the slightest difference if you have 200mb free or 800 mb free so don't worry about it. There are a few 'RAM cleaners' on the market but they're obsolete now; when phones had 512mb RAM or less and ran on older versions of Android then they did need help clearing inactive apps.

hey i think you did not catch my point i was talking that my total RAM i.e. used memory + free memory is not 1 gb but indeed it is 884 mb.But phone specs say its 1 gb.

— modified on Nov 13, 2014, 5:36:45 PM by moderator

Bogdan Zikranets
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 26, 2014, 11:00:55 AM via Website

The ram shared between the CPU, GPU.

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 9:49:04 AM via Website

Out of 1GB of RAM, you have 882 MB of usable RAM. Out of which 290MB of RAM is free when the phone is idle.