• Replies:7
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 22, 2014 7:36:41 AM via Website

Yesterday, i let my sister borrow my tablet. She used this certain app. She left my tablet on the sofa while that certain app is open. Now, when she cam back to look at my tab, she didn't saw anything. I guess my tablet shut down. When i click the power button (for 10 seconds like i usually do), i can hear that sound whenever i get a notification. The problem is, i can't see anything on my tab because it's all black. I can still hear this sound when i turn it off. How can i see what's happening on my screen? I mean, should i press some buttons or something? HELP PLSSSS ;-;

• Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,138

Oct 22, 2014 10:38:04 AM via App

Well @Pauline that was sad :( but I guess your display may have gone as you said it was lying on the sofa and who knows if someone accidently sits over your device which may have ..... anyway you could try is switching your device off, try pressing and holding voulme+power button see if that throws you to the bootloader menu :? and if you still see nothing then its defiantely the display first check it out.

PS: Please be advise don't rush onto bootloader menu by pressing it again and again because mis handling could results in data loss. Try it just one time and if you still see nothing then switch your device off and rush to the nearest support for fixing the display.

— modified on Oct 22, 2014 10:39:01 AM

• Forum posts: 1,338

Oct 27, 2014 10:11:02 AM via Website

Hi @Pauline, as @John mentioned, are you sure no one accidentally sat on your tablet and isn't conbfessing? ;)

There's a few reasons that you may have a screen that won't come on. It could be a display driver problem or a variety of other issues that I covered in relation to the HTC One in this article:

Try those out and if nothing works then you'll need to visit a repair center so they can pull your tablet apart and check the cables, connections and display components. Best of luck.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

• Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2014 10:32:50 AM via Website

it may be broken the link between the screen and the motherboard. However the most common problem here is a motherboard problem as the screen should show at least some backlight if its broken

Apr 10, 2016 11:40:30 PM via Website

Thank you so much my tablet did the same thing but now it works

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 25, 2016 7:06:51 PM via Website

can you please tell me how?

Aug 31, 2016 9:28:50 PM via Website

Dear Joyful.Jah'Nye could you please tell us how it worked because I also have the same problem. Thanks!

Sep 19, 2016 11:19:16 PM via Website

I have the same problem with a black screen. Can somebody help please?