Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Turn off email auto sync, still auto syncs

• Replies:4
Forrest Wolf
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 31, 2014, 3:07:47 PM via Website

Hi all,

I changed auto sync to manual, but it still auto syncs. I verified it is set to manual. Even did a power down and up, still auto syncs. Is there another setting, or do you know a fix?

Thx

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 31, 2014, 3:31:47 PM via Website

@Forrest Wolf, I think you are missing something, swipe your finger from top and make sure that you have turned the sync option off. I have attached an screenshot so you can have a look at it. :)

Forrest Wolf

Oct 31, 2014, 5:14:15 PM via Website

Hi John,

I've got that one. If I don't want to sync at all, I turn that off. It is my understanding, maybe wrong, with sync turned on, then go into mail settings & change sync to manual, it should not auto sync.

Forrest Wolf

Nov 10, 2014, 2:24:44 PM via Website

pinging this to the top, anyone?

thx

Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 10, 2014, 7:52:38 PM via Website

Perhaps I have a temporary solution for your problem. What you could do to stop it is to restrict the application from using background mobile data. That doesn't block your mail app to use background data using WiFi. I don't think that should be much of a problem anyway unless you say it is of course :)

Anyway, to make sure the app doesn't use background data. Go to Settings. Select "Data Usage." Scroll down to the app that you're using to fetch your mails and tap on it once. Scroll down the page that's showing you the specific data usage of the app and check the box: "Restrict background data." That should stop the app from syncing using mobile data.