A new android app. As CD is for PC, the same will be this thing for android devices.

• Replies:2
Dannyson Mark
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 1, 2014, 11:36:11 PM via Website

I use very often the Android operating system. One day, while using a smartphone with Android OS, I've noticed that I ran out of internal storage space. 16 GB of memory, and only internal memory, no external storage memory designed for this smartphone. I needed more memory storage for new apps and games. So, the idea hit me.
Someone should create/develop an android app that allows you (by using an OTG cable, an sd card reader and an sd card) to install apps and games (and only apps and games) on sd card (from the sd card reader).
You can eject the sd card whenever you want, but if you want to use the sd card again, to be recognized the sd card again you'll need to reset your device (turn off, then turn on).
It should be named attach external memory app.

What do you think ?
Answer me here or on admin edit: personal email address not allowed

— modified on Nov 2, 2014, 3:35:10 AM by moderator

Ady S

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 2, 2014, 7:44:57 AM via App

Well, that's another great idea I must say ! (lightbulb) But hopefully I am not going to need it because I am still having more than 7GB of storage available and also have the option to add micro SD card. (devil) I would say maybe next time you buy an Android device it's always better to get a device that supports SD card :P why I am saying this is even if an app like this is designed I don't want to card those little SD cards over my pocket as they can get lost easily at least for me :(.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Nov 2, 2014, 11:25:27 AM via Website

There's already an app called link2sd which can do this. It links a partition of your microSD to the internal memory, so you can install apps there and save internal memory. I used to use it on my Xperia Arc (the last phone I had with a memory card slot), though I prefer internal memory cards: faster file transfer, no file corruption, and no chance of the memory popping out if I drop the phone or anyone removing my memory.

— modified on Nov 2, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

Sinkster