What was the nicest Samsung smartphone ever made?

• Replies:14
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 5, 2014, 10:15:08 AM via Website

Hey guys!

We have a lot of Samsung phones out there and a lot of Samsung fans, so tell me: which phone is the nicest Samsung has ever made? Do you think it's the latest flagship, the Galaxy Note 4, or is it an ''older'' model, like the Galaxy S3, or the Galaxy Note 2? Or maybe it's Samsung attempt at making something new, like the Galaxy Alpha with its metal frame?

Join the conversation! :)

— modified on Nov 5, 2014, 10:23:41 AM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 5, 2014, 10:18:05 AM via Website

As anyone who has read my Galaxy Note 4 review can probably tell, the Note 4 is for me the greatest Samsung device ever built. And not just because it's the newest, but because Sammy finally seems to be paying attention: it looks better, there's less bloatware, fewer gimmicks and even TouchWiz is right up there with the best looking interfaces. And that S Pen, ohh that S Pen...

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Nov 5, 2014, 10:29:07 AM via Website

Galaxy S3. Smooth and compact. I liked the plastic, actually.

Houssam Almidani

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 5, 2014, 10:53:35 AM via Website

Nope, I don't like any of the Samsung device...:D I know I use Samsung device but still I am not happy with any of them available. :( All of them looks like fancy piece of art which at start looks good and eventually you will loose interest. All of them them looks same even if you get one for few bucks or thrown.... the only visible difference I can see is screen size. :P

Martin Neal Burgess
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 5, 2014, 1:14:00 PM via Website

A smartphone is a smartphone is a smartphone untill ......... "The Edge" Its got basically everything the fantastic Note 4 posseses and then that extra wow factor. Makes it stand out from EVERYTHING else out there. How is anyone going to top that deisgn?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Nov 5, 2014, 10:03:25 PM via App

I'm with John here; never really been a Samsung fan. While they have introduced some nice technology, they have overwhelmed it with gimmicks, generic design, and a ui that has its roots in android 2.1. At a push, the gnex was pretty good 😉

Sinkster

Mihai Josan
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 5, 2014, 11:15:56 PM via Website

The best looking Samsung device from my point of view is the Galaxy Nexus ( I9250 ). Never owned one but i like the looks on it !

Alex Urdanivia

Dec 30, 2014, 10:17:01 AM via Website

I totally agree about the note edge! All the notes were great phones the note 4 as of now is the best phone in my opinion aside from the note edge which is the note 4 only better I love my edge Def is the best phone I belie e ever made

Robert Nesta Marley
  • Forum posts: 39

Jan 1, 2015, 5:46:41 AM via Website

Galaxy note 4 is supreme when it comes to an android production of samsung.

chiliwillie
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 11, 2015, 11:56:45 PM via Website

My vote goes to S5. Among the smartphones I've had, so far it has given me the best photography experience.

Mona H.
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 12, 2015, 1:55:57 PM via Website

I had the s3 for 2 years - loved it. Now I have the s5 which is pretty awesome too, but not much different. I initially liked the fingerprint sensor but that got old pretty quick when it would only work if the phone was flat and not moving. I have however heard wonderful things about the Note 4 and Edge but I couldn't justify getting either considering I'm pretty basic when it comes to my phone needs.

So s3 was my favourite in terms of appearance and function :)

Nivniv

Feb 27, 2015, 6:10:07 AM via Website

I'm late in replying here but if you weren't counting android devices then it would undoubtedly be what many would class as a vintage phone but the Samsung SGH-600 flip phone was just amazing for it's time.

Plus there were earlier ones which were equally amazing but for me it was this.

Anyway, I'm treating myself to a Note 4 this week which I've never touched but the pics look nice and I've ordered the Samsung Golden Dual Screen Flip which looks awesome too. Flip phones are going to make a comeback (don't hate but my main phone is an iPhone 6 plus :) )

lisa cohen
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 4, 2015, 3:45:07 AM via Website

DON'T EVER BUY A CHINESE CLONE, I BOUGHT A GALAXY S 3- 4 & 5. ITS LIKE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT OVER & OVER AGAIN. YOU KEEP SAYING MAY BE THIS ONE WILL WORK. BUT YOU'RE ACTUALLY SPENDING YOUR TIME $$$ & ENERGY TRYING TO FIX THE DAMNED THING!!!

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Mar 4, 2015, 4:48:12 AM via App

samsung galaxy S4

Terence
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 5, 2015, 6:24:00 PM via Website

I used to love my S1 for years. But now I got my new S5mini and it's way better.