Kevin :)

• Replies:6
Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 10, 2014, 12:08:08 PM via Website

Hey hey,

As you can see by my forum name, my name is Kevin. I'm from the Netherlands but spend my time here and then in Belgium. Anyhow, I'm an android developer who's still in college. I spend most of my time trying to learn most about android- but also web development. I'm basically here to help build up the community further with my experience and knowledge to help out other developers. I have been browsing around on Google for android communities and this one really caught my attention so that's why I'm here as well.

I have Samsung Galaxy S3, nothing special or anything but it's working fine to my expectations (unrooted). I'm a bit of a forum freak/geek so I try to be active as possible. I won't be making any promises on how much time I'm going to spend on the forums due my internship, job and college. I'm a friendly guy and regardless of a developer's knowledge, I wish to help as many people as possible with a friendly attitude. I came across communities in the past where developers were hating on each other for not doing something on how they would do it. (such as developing a session wrapper/handler in PHP)

Oh and other things that I like are: watching movies, spending time with my friends in general, skype chatting/calling, clubbing or going out to a bar with my friends, meeting new people and much more fun stuff!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 10, 2014, 12:43:39 PM via Website

Hey Kevin, :)

Welcome to AndroidPIT community, good to have you board ! I am sure you must be aware that we have Developer section for you ;) as I have seen that you are active over there ! :D We do share similar interest like watching movies, spending time over AndroidPIT, skype ...etc !

See you around ! (angel)

Kevin Berendsen

Nov 10, 2014, 12:48:50 PM via Website

John F.

Hey Kevin, :)

Welcome to AndroidPIT community, good to have you board ! I am sure you must be aware that we have [Developer section][1] for you ;) as I have seen that you are active over there ! :D We do share similar interest like watching movies, spending time over AndroidPIT, skype ...etc !

See you around ! (angel)

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/forum/android-developer-forum/recent

Thanks John! Yeah, I'm already nesting in the developer section :)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 20, 2014, 3:12:02 PM via Website

Hey @Kevin, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. It's always nice to get to know new members in the forum.

Quick question for you: are you looking at flashing the Lollipop ROM on your S3?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Kevin Berendsen

Nov 20, 2014, 3:25:33 PM via Website

Kris Carlon

Hey @Kevin, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. It's always nice to get to know new members in the forum.

Quick question for you: are you looking at flashing the Lollipop ROM on your S3?

Hey Kris, thanks :)

I have been thinking about it this morning yeah, I'm still uncertain whether I should do it or not. According to an article written by Scott, there's a Lollipop ROM for my S3 but it says that many functions dont work yet.

Android whizzkid arter97 has developed a working version of an Android
Lollipop build for rooted Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) owners. It's a work in
progress, with many functions not working yet, and arter97 states "the
current release just showcases that our Galaxy S3 is not dead and will
likely to receive proper AOSP Lollipop ROMs soon."

If I made up my mind by tomorrow evening, I will most likely flash my S3 this weekend. However, I'm completely new to flashing a rom though so I hope it goes okay without encountering major issues :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 20, 2014, 4:59:14 PM via Website

hey kevin
Welcome to AndroidPit. See you around

Ready To Help You.

Kevin Berendsen

Nov 20, 2014, 6:05:21 PM via App

Sanjai Joseph

hey kevin
Welcome to AndroidPit. See you around

Hey Sanjai. Thanks, you sure will see me from time to time :)