Whatsapp question: How can I prevent video from deleted after sharing?

• Replies:5
joe tan
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 24, 2014, 3:36:08 AM via Website

Scenario:
I have a few videos obtain from a friend "A" over whatsapp, I wanted to send them over to another friend "B" of mine.
Later, I then decided to delete the thread between me and Friend "B".

But I realize that by deleting that thread, I deleted the video which was sent to me by Friend "A", which I intend to keep.

Please advise if there is a way to prevent this.

Thank you.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 24, 2014, 7:26:40 AM via Website

Well @joe, what you can do is while you are deleting the video, a popup appears asking you to delete the media and if you look closely over the popup there's a option ticked
"Delete media from phone" , un tick that and now the video will only delete from whatsapp not from your device.

PS: Next time please ask question about whatsapp over our WhatsApp profile page instead of asking it over here ! :)

joe tan

Nov 24, 2014, 8:00:15 AM via Website

Hi john,

Noted. Next time I will post at the whatsapp page.

Just to let you know that I didn't receive the notification when I deleted the whatsapp thread.

Is there sometime I need to do to receive the pop out?

Thanks

joe tan

Nov 24, 2014, 8:26:15 AM via Website

The video is automatically downloaded onto my Samsung Galaxy via Whatsapp. I can share the video by pressing it in the thread to others or I can choose to share via the whatsapp video folder.

I'm thinking if I moved the videos from whatsapp video folder to movies folder , will it keep my videos if I delete those threads which consist the shared whatsapp videos.

Thanks

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 24, 2014, 8:41:13 AM via Website

Yup ! that would also do the trick for you ! (cool) wait a sec I tried replicating the same over my device and actually guess what after moving the video to some different destination I didn't get the popup asking "Delete media from phone" ! So, I think that may be the issue why you aren't seeing that option. (thinking)